Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaging winds Thursday 13:00 onward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

First time its seemed remotely stormy today in wexford town, Could be a nice shower on the way who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Winds really picking up here now ...dont think this will be over too soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I recorded 70 mph on my machine today still gusting to 60 in showers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's a non-event down here in Cork....

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Guys,

Myself and Iancar29 just reporting from the top of the Menawn mountain on the Achill Island (464m ASL). It's unbelievable here (no worries, not so windy when driving up, we know what we're doing). It seems like steady 100mph around here now, freakish screaming around. The sea is crazy around here. Here's a few pictures, we'll be heading towards Belmullet now. Many more pictures/videos to follow when we get home tonight.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

sc4.jpg

sc5.jpg

P.S. Wish you were here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Brill pics :D

Thanks for taking the time to go out and take them :D

Winger_PL wrote: »

Hate you both!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

leahyl wrote: »
    It's a non-event down here in Cork....

Ah, wait for the snow leahyl, wait for the SNOW ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Guys,

Myself and Iancar29 just reporting from the top of the Menawn mountain on the Achill Island (464m ASL). It's unbelievable here (no worries, not so windy when driving up, we know what we're doing). It seems like steady 100mph around here now, freakish screaming around. The sea is crazy around here. Here's a few pictures, we'll be heading towards Belmullet now. Many more pictures/videos to follow when we get home tonight.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

sc4.jpg

sc5.jpg

i know that spot well where the pictures are taken. very usual to see that much white foam around. its about a mile from my family home. the wind up Menawn must bad bad. the tv mas must be doing some waving in the wind.

Tactical wrote: »
    Ah, wait for the snow leahyl, wait for the SNOW ;)

Haha don't think there's much chance of that either this year tactical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Ah great pics lads, looks savage over there!

*watches twix wrapper blow around the footpath outside a bit.* :rolleyes: ffs

Ah great pics lads, looks savage over there!

*watches twix wrapper blow around the footpath outside a bit.* :rolleyes: ffs

That made me giggle :)

Pics brilliant lads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

not much happening here,bit of a breeze,the odd gust,quiet bland,i think the downgrade that maq spoke about for the east has certinaly kicked in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Guys,

Home sweet home.

To be honest, this kinda stuff puts a lot of hardship on people(not as much as years ago, but still enough) and to be hoping for it as much as some on here do isnt really in my make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

Guys,

Myself and Iancar29 just reporting from the top of the Menawn mountain on the Achill Island (464m ASL). It's unbelievable here (no worries, not so windy when driving up, we know what we're doing). It seems like steady 100mph around here now, freakish screaming around. The sea is crazy around here. Here's a few pictures, we'll be heading towards Belmullet now. Many more pictures/videos to follow when we get home tonight

Post some pictures of Belmullet when you get there, it would be unreal to be out in Blacksod Bay today miss it big time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

wow that was a huge gust there in claregalway easily 65-70mph plus! incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw a pure yellow cloud this morning on the way home from work? Anyone ever see something like it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

dicknorris wrote: »
    Guys,

Myself and Iancar29 just reporting from the top of the Menawn mountain on the Achill Island (464m ASL). It's unbelievable here (no worries, not so windy when driving up, we know what we're doing). It seems like steady 100mph around here now, freakish screaming around. The sea is crazy around here. Here's a few pictures, we'll be heading towards Belmullet now. Many more pictures/videos to follow when we get home tonight

Post some pictures of Belmullet when you get there, it would be unreal to be out in Blacksod Bay today miss it big time :(

Indeed or Ballyglass lighthouse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Gone very dark here looks like a squally shower is on its way,Mean 19km/h max 43.4km/h gust a few mins ago. Wow the showers has arrived:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

FINNER CAMP had the max again for the 4 P.M reports 68 kts.
    The 70 kts from 3 P.M reports might be the max, this is just a fraction under 130 KPH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Still really bad in donegal here ,seems to be getting worse.
    Number of tree fatalities :3
    One of my favourite huge trees has split and now there is a huge gap in the middle.
    These are 20-30 foot trees guys! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Gone very dark here looks like a squally shower is on its way,Mean 19km/h max 43.4km/h gust a few mins ago. Wow the showers has arrived:eek:

Waiting all day for this :D, dark an hour earlier today now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 UpDonegal

not nice at all in letterkenny, donegal at the moment, there has just been a nice bit of thunder and lightning there it was like a flash bang gernade!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

I'm in Slieverue and its really dark, I can see the showers coming down the river. Just saw about 50 crows in a straight line heading towards Waterford, very weird :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

landed home to this

sorry its so big

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Still really bad in donegal here ,seems to be getting worse.
    Number of tree fatalities :3
    One of my favourite huge trees has split and now there is a huge gap in the middle.
    These are 20-30 foot trees guys! :pac:

not a single tree has fallen here. can i come up and take those trees for firewood:pac:

naughto wrote: »
    landed home to this

Hehe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Heavy shower with some gusts here now but nothing remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Use that Picture to fill the gap in the fence ...its big enough !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ah my eyes!!! Resize resize!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement