Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaging winds Thursday 13:00 onward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

*DONEGAL* Gardai are advising motorists throughout the county to avoid making any unnecessary journeys due to high winds and extremely wet weather. Driving conditions are hazardous with reports of fallen trees and debris on many roads. *SLIGO* Gardai in Ballymoate are advising motorists to drive with care due to very windy conditions. *MAYO* A tree is down on the Station Rd (R318) just outside Foxford. Garda are at the scene and motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

no idea how to rezise

DominoDub wrote: »
    Use that Picture to fill the gap in the fence ...its big enough !

Very meta... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah.. was a wind direction shift here... just went out the back of the house and its rough !! noise is incredibel still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Pangea wrote: »
    Still really bad in donegal here ,seems to be getting worse.
    Number of tree fatalities :3
    One of my favourite huge trees has split and now there is a huge gap in the middle.
    These are 20-30 foot trees guys! :pac:

You have a favourite tree!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hicksn

no trees fallen here but not a leaf left on tree compaired to last week

ch750536 wrote: »
    You had a favourite tree!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

DominoDub wrote: »
    Use that Picture to fill the gap in the fence ...its big enough !
    lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

neighbour in East Clare reports 2 trees down - one demolished the chicken house (hens are OK though)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

Have to drive to cork city from Galway city this evening? Should it be ok to do so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

*DONEGAL* Gardai are advising motorists throughout the county to avoid making any unnecessary journeys due to high winds and extremely wet weather. Driving conditions are hazardous with reports of fallen trees and debris on many roads. *SLIGO* Gardai in Ballymoate are advising motorists to drive with care due to very windy conditions. *MAYO* A tree is down on the Station Rd (R318) just outside Foxford. Garda are at the scene and motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution.

I hear many parts of Castlebar are apparently without electricty, quite a few trees down around here and no sign of the winds abating, if anything there are some very perilous and destructive gusts.

Have to say the models predicted the track and intensity of this storm very well for the past few days with only minor changes from run to run. The GFS has really improved in the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Quite wild in Meath now by the sounds of it.

nifheorais wrote: »
    have to drive to cork city from Galway city? Should it be ok to do so?

Just take extra precautions and be very aware of what is going on around you; drive at a sensible speed for conditions and and watch out for cars (including your own), trucks veering in winds, branches falling into the road, and heavy rain, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

A number of trees have fallen in the Cratloe and Newmarket on Fergus areas of County Clare. Fallen trees on Cloughjordan Road and Limerick roads out of Nenagh in County Tipperary.

DEfinate re ramp here now.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    A number of trees have fallen in the Cratloe and Newmarket on Fergus areas of County Clare. Fallen trees on Cloughjordan Road and Limerick roads out of Nenagh in County Tipperary.

Whats it been like where you are today Wolfe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Awful day here as has probably been mentioned, almost constant torrential rain for the past 6 hours and really strong winds. Lots of tree branches lying about, my back garden is all flooded and theres river running down the road at the end of my street.

Really loud thunder a while ago as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

to be honest maq, not as bad as elsewhere. I am on the leeside of a mountain which is shielding me somewhat from the westerlies.

Some sharp showers of hail/rain. Plenty of tile rattling but not so bad at all....yet.

I know that trees have been downed in east clare and electricity has gone in parts of north clare but the west where i am is not as bad as i thought it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

Not even a breeze here in north Kilkenny

very disappointed...

• Advertisement

"ROAD USERS ARE BEING ADVISED TO TAKE EXTREME CAUTION THIS AFTERNOON AS A SEVERE WIND STORM IS RAGING ALONG THE ATLANTIC COASTLINE, AFFECTING COUNTIES FROM KERRY UP TO DONEGAL.
    IN THIS REGION TREES HAVE BEEN KNOCKED DOWN, BLOCKING SOME ROADS FOR A TIME.
    MAYO COUNTY COUNCIL HAS DEALT WITH INCIDENTS AROUND CASTLEBAR, WESTPORT, PONTOON AND BALLINA ALREADY TODAY.
    GARDAI IN CLAREMORRIS ARE WARNING ANYONE WITH OUTDOOR TRAMPOLINES TO ENSURE THAT THEY ARE SECURE IN THE STRONG WINDS AND ARE ALSO WARNING OF DEBRIS ALONG MANY ROADS.
    GALWAY COUNTY COUNCIL HAS BEEN DEALING WITH TREES DOWN IN THE ATHENRY REGION.
    MET EIREANN REPORTED WIND SPEEDS IN BELMULLET THIS AFTERNOON GREATER THAN 120 KM PER HOUR. THEY SAY THE WINDS SHOULD BEGIN TO DIE DOWN A LITTLE BY EARLY EVENING
    GERARD FLEMING OF MET EIREANN HAS DESCRIBED THE WIND STORM - AS “THE WORST OF ITS KIND FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS”."
    http://www.midwestradio.ie/MWR/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=9582&cntnt01origid=52&cntnt01returnid=52

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

snow ghost wrote: »
    I hear many parts of Castlebar are apparently without electricty, quite a few trees down around here and no sign of the winds abating, if anything there are some very perilous and destructive gusts.

any confirm the lights are off in castlebar?

heading home in a hour and i dont fancy sitting in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

just when i thought it was all over, it has gotten very gusty again in the last 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hicksn

gonna check out Dublin airport :-)

11 November 2010 16:08

Today

Westerly gales will continue this evening but will moderate overnight. Heavy thundery showers over Munster will gradually ease but there will be further showers across Connacht and Ulster overnight. Lowest temperatures of 5 or 6C.

just when i thought it was all over, it has gotten very gusty again in the last 10 minutes.

Same as that Nacho - it has gotten VERY nasty in last 10 mins here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

very little happening here, soome showers quite windy but nothing spectacular, still aome leaves on a lot of trees.

+1

Its not forecast to start really winding down in the northwest for around 4 hours or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

naughto wrote: »
    landed home to this

sorry its so big

Look at the satellite dish upside down! or is that what your talking about other than the fence

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement