Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaging winds Thursday 13:00 onward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Its amazing to see how quickly large, distant clouds are moving.

I can see the clouds form the train of showers through Cork and Waterford chugging along at a rate you'd never usually see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snow ghost wrote: »
    Same as that Nacho - it has gotten VERY nasty in last 10 mins here.

Same here, just lost my BBQ! ive recovered the BBQ but the cover is well gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

still very windy here, my garden furniture is all over the place and the trampoline has gone to visit the neighbours..the sea is mad aswell, ill get some pics in a while if i get a chance to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Our electricity was out for a while around an hour ago. It was also really windy about 30 mins ago.
    Is it gonna be like this tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

As already reported:

Cork: 17.00: 11th Nov 10: last three hours, a couple of mild gusts, literally just a few puffs: No rain: Barometer beginning to rise:

High Gust today: 23.7kts
    Rain: 3mm
    Q:984.7 from 982 low.

Harbour water CALM, Calm.

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »
    Same here, just lost my BBQ! ive recovered the BBQ but the cover is well gone!

Ya picked some day for a BBQ! :confused:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

snow ghost wrote: »
    Same as that Nacho - it has gotten VERY nasty in last 10 mins here.

It's got very windy here again in the last half hour. East Donegal.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Our electricity was out for a while around an hour ago. It was also really windy about 30 mins ago.
    Is it gonna be like this tomorrow?

No it will ease off tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

lisao80 wrote: »
    still very windy here, my garden furniture is all over the place and the trampoline has gone to visit the neighbours..the sea is mad aswell, ill get some pics in a while if i get a chance to get out.
    Our trampoline went for a trip too:P It got hooked on the fence though, and we got most of it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the trees are really taking a pounding here:eek:- i have'nt seen them sway like this in a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

So far today It hasn't been too bad relativetly speaking a few mile SE Limerick City. The showers here haven't been that heavy but they are pretty squally with some gale gusts. Don't see any major damage. May post again if anything dramatic happens in my neck of the woods.

Ya picked some day for a BBQ! :confused:

;)

that made me laugh out loud.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

irishgeo wrote: »
    any confirm the lights are off in castlebar?

heading home in a hour and i dont fancy sitting in the dark.

I'm currently on the western side of Castlebar and we still have light. Wifey is down town at the mo. Will report more whan she gets back. Very stormy here for the past hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Our trampoline went for a trip too:P It got hooked on the fence though, and we got most of it back.

It's like the Attack of the Trampolines out there!

Apparently children's trampolines left in gardens are causing mayhem out there today in the wind. I keep hearing reports of them blowing into roads, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

naughto wrote: »
    landed home to this

sorry its so big

Who put up that fence? They should be shot no wonder it fell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Power about to go now in Donegal, on and off for the last few minutes. It seems to be peaking now. The screaming from the wind is eerie. I thought I'd enjoy it but it's worrying. The car is lifting slightly and I've twenty bags of coal on the trampoline which is still shifting slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

ch750536 wrote: »
    You have a favourite tree!
    lol I now realise how that sounds ,you know what i mean, the tree was nice to look at :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It has got very bad here now - to the extent that it is very dangerous out there.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Power about to go now in Donegal, on and off for the last few minutes. It seems to be peaking now. The screaming from the wind is eerie. I thought I'd enjoy it but it's worrying. The car is lifting slightly and I've twenty bags of coal on the trampoline which is still shifting slightly.

Sounds very intense! It'll be another few hours before it starts to ease off up there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Sounds very intense! It'll be another few hours before it starts to ease off up there though.

Theyve flickered a few times here for the first time in a few hours, tv signal just went as well and its definitely picked up again. Still bucketing down as well which isnt doing the flooding any good

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    lol I now realise how that sounds ,you know what i mean, the tree was nice to look at :pac:

is your name real name Gerry by any chance? it's ok to hug trees. We're all open minded here:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I'm currently on the western side of Castlebar and we still have light. Wifey is down town at the mo. Will report more whan she gets back. Very stormy here for the past hour.

out the westport rd myself so fingers crossed its still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

leahyl wrote: »
    Is it just high winds or are they going to be accompanied by heavy rain?

Btw I passed my driving test today! Just thought I'd share that information!
    So you can officially drive in a wind tunnel? Congrats! :D

Gonna brave these winds now kids.. wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

The rain is pouring out of the heavens here, pounding against my study window in the gale - it sounds just rotten, but I love being inside listening to the wind roaring and the rain beating against the window - I've just lit the fire as well - it's one of those nights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Very bad again in claregalway, roaring noise of wind now, im not sure i envy anyone in donegal for stronger winds now this is intense!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The descending gust order at 15:00 and 16:00 was Finner Mace Mullet and Malin with Finner tops at 70kt and 68kt at those times and with Mace at 66kt and 65kt and the others nearer the 60kt mark.

NOW @ 17:00 It Is

Finner 68kt
    Mace 66kt
    Malin 62kt
    Belmullet 58kt

Knock 60 Nowhere else on land over 60kt as has been the case all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Hey thats after gettin worse.massive lenghty gusts im in tipperary at the moment all day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Record gust is now 71kt but OFFSHORE on the Kinsale Gas Platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

the trees are really taking a pounding here:eek:- i have'nt seen them sway like this in a good while.

I'd suspect that it'll be the next wind event that will see more trees down. They've taken a good loosening this time so perhaps next big wind will see a larger share of them up-ended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy showers and blustery conditions in Galway City. Temp 9.4C but feels considerably cooler due to strong W'ly winds that are still gusting to between 30 - 45 km/h. Despite the frequency of the showers today, only 10.8mm of rain has fallen since midnight. Pressure 977.9hPa and rising.

Galway has escaped the worst effects of the wind compared to the north and north-west, just small twigs and branches down around the city. No flooding in Salthill and the sea is relatively tame.

970d0765.jpg

fd1e4f72.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement