Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paulaner on special

Options
  • 10-11-2010 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen it mentioned but Tesco have 5 bottles of 500ml Paulaner for a tenner. Offer available till end of the month. Happy drinking :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wow thats good value,have never tried paulaner though.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Lovely beer. Always find it stronger on draught than in a bottle which must be a bit odd?
    Anyway, my local supervalu are doing any 5 for €9 on Franziskaner, Spaten and Staropramen. Good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's a fantastic price for staropremen imo, I've never seen it on sale for less than 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Diceys on harcourt street have pints of paulaner for €2 on tuesday, 3-wednesday, 3.50-thursday and 4 on fridays.
    That's a fantastic price for staropremen imo, I've never seen it on sale for less than 2.50.
    It was €1 a 330ml bottle a while back in O'Briens, about 6 years back they had it quite a lot.

O'Briens often have 20 budvar for €40, Franziskaner 6 for €10, and 6 staropramen for €10, all 500ml

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gavin_keogh

o brians are also doing a couple of good beers 6 for €10. although Paulaner would be the best of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

rubadub wrote: »
    Diceys on harcourt street have pints of paulaner for €2 on tuesday, 3-wednesday, 3.50-thursday and 4 on fridays.

It was €1 a 330ml bottle a while back in O'Briens, about 6 years back they had it quite a lot.

That's close to 2e a pint bottle but I take your point. I didn't even know they did staropremen in 330ml bottles. I'm never in O'Briens unfortunately cause its the other side of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

My local tesco are out of the weisbeir but have the Oktoberfest version . Has anyone had this one ? What did you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    My local tesco are out of the weisbeir but have the Oktoberfest version . Has anyone had this one ? What did you think of it?
    I had some a little while ago, I mainly got it because I can't say no to a free glass :D In all honesty I wouldn't go out of my way to have it again, it was simply an average lager, in my opinion of course. However, the weissbier is gorgeous. If it were me I'd wait till that comes back in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Mo14 wrote: »
    I had some a little while ago, I mainly got it because I can't say no to a free glass :D In all honesty I wouldn't go out of my way to have it again, it was simply an average lager, in my opinion of course. However, the weissbier is gorgeous. If it were me I'd wait till that comes back in stock.

I had it and cant disagree with you pretty average imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

yknaa wrote: »
    Anyway, my local supervalu are doing any 5 for €9 on Franziskaner, Spaten and Staropramen. Good deal.

Just a note that not all Spars have this offer. My 2 local big Eurospars do not have it which is a pity as Staropramen is indeed quite a nice beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

gurramok wrote: »
    Just a note that not all Spars have this offer. My 2 local big Eurospars do not have it which is a pity as Staropramen is indeed quite a nice beer.
    I don't know about spars, but my local supervalu does ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

€2 per bottle for Paulaner? Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad wheat beer but there are better ones out there for cheaper. Well when I say better, I mean that I think they are better. :D
    Franziskaner for one is under €2 at Aldi usually. I think it is about €2 at Tesco as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 S0L0N

I prefer the Paulaner or Erdinger to Franziskaner but like rubadub said O'Brien's are are offering it at €33 for a case of 20 or six for €10. Free delivery on orders over €60 on their website.
    http://www.obrienswine.ie/Franziskaner-Heffe-50cl-Btl---20-Pack/21654/

Fine Wiines have Paulaner too, at €40 for a case of 20. €5 for delivery, handy for me living in the middle of nowhere.

€1.65 for Paulaner at O' Briens is a good price now and worth it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 S0L0N

Sorry, I think phrased myself a little unclearly. The Franziskaner is €1.65 at O' Briens not the Paulaner.

S0L0N wrote: »
    Sorry, I think phrased myself a little unclearly. The Franziskaner is €1.65 at O' Briens not the Paulaner.

Even better ;)

Advertisement