Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boo boys at Sunderland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jimmyspurs

There was really F**k all booing to be fair. I dont think that the Spurs fans were booing the team, it was more just out of frustration of not winning a game where we clearly outplayed them for long periods. The corner count was 17-3 for petes sake. I think this is a complete non issue. Anyway the biggest clubs like Barcelona and Real always show their displeasure when the team doesnt win at home against a smaller club, it doesnt matter if they have won 20 or thirty games in a row. It shows ambition thats all. On a side issue I think Gareth needs a game off or at least part of a game just to recharge his batteries. He is a very marked man now and suddenly the expectation on him is sky high.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think they have every right to Boo. We're all frustrated because the team is soo inconsistent.

I would rather have picked up 12 points from the last 4 games instead of 2 points and lost to inter then drop 10 points to sh1te teams

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

How about 2 points from 8 games?

Surely we can be frustrated with the team's inconsistency without resorting to bloody boo-ing at the end of games we don't even lose or play poorly in. Football aint an exact science, only excuse for booing is if the team are consistentely shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

OLd Harry is a master of the media game. All up in arms about some booing at the end. More in his line to be worried about the piss pooring finishing yet again. How many half decent saves did the Sunderland keeper have to make? We never really troubled him. Our lack of quality up front is coming back to haunt us.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Yep, I reckon it's a convenient excuse to take the attention away from our poor form. Didn't seem like too many were at it anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    OLd Harry is a master of the media game. All up in arms about some booing at the end. More in his line to be worried about the piss pooring finishing yet again. How many half decent saves did the Sunderland keeper have to make? We never really troubled him. Our lack of quality up front is coming back to haunt us.

Very well put.
    Or no mention of the schoolboy defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

There weren't as many boo's as the media tried to portray.

If anything, I think it was more frustration with the ref and his assistants tbh.

Sure, it was a frustrating evening all round really. Dropped points against a poor team (who only had 2 shots on target) and a lack of clinical finishing from our front men.

We were not great but we played well enough and dominated enough to have secured the 3 points. However it was one of those games where it seemed it was not going to happen.

VDV was lucky with his goal as it was handball but Sunderland might feel justice was done when our defence somehow manufactured a chance for them to score to, just a minute or so later.

We'll play worse and win.

Advertisement