Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing games from the US

Options
  • 10-11-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of importing games from the US?

I want to get the US Collectors Edition of Little Big Planet 2 because the EU version pales in comparison. Can anyone recommend what site you would buy from?

*EDIT*

Woops, didn't realise Amazon.com ship to Europe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I haven't used it in years, but videogamesplus.ca used to be the business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

tman wrote: »
    I haven't used it in years, but videogamesplus.ca used to be the business

Yes they are good. I've used them in the past but they didn't have the item was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

With a game that has such a reliance on content from the PSN and the LBP servers, I'm not sure how an American LBP2 game would work over here. That may be something to be aware of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It should work fine, just set up a US account on your PSN if there's any problems.

Videogamesplus.ca is the site I use the most. Amazon.com can be funny about shipping games iirc, make sure they definitely will ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I bought the first LBP from Canada and it plays perfectly online. Any of the DLC has to be gotten from a north american PSN store though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've pre-ordered it on Amazon.com. It worked out to about €90 including shipping. Certainly the most I've ever spent on a game but the package looks excellent and the game should be great too.

I have a US PSN account already so that is sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Videogamesplus.ca !

Great site, fast shipping and i got the original LBP and had no problems, didnt get any DLC though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Axelmusic can be worth a look too
    Has been a while since I've bought from them, but iirc shipping is free (on DVD size packages at least)

Advertisement