Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get Kinect yet??

• 10-11-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Anyone get Kinect yet??

Thoughts please. Seriously thinking of getting this for xmas now.

Drunken madness in front of the telly for all :D

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Will let you know what it's like after 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

allanb49 wrote: »
    Will let you know what it's like after 6pm.

I'm goin to wait till xmas day. Get the whole buzz of opening a present on xmas morning and playing it all day.. only difference will be I'll be drunk as a monkey by well lets say 11am or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I'm goin to wait till xmas day. Get the whole buzz of opening a present on xmas morning and playing it all day.. only difference will be I'll be drunk as a monkey by well lets say 11am or so.

Thats probably the best way to play Kinect :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

My pre-order is sitting in town waiting to be collected, but I'm off on hols this afternoon. I'll probably just wait to get it until I get home, I'm meh about the whole thing after seeing the reviews.

Bottle of Capt Morgans and a banker friend coming over on friday, Videos will be on youtube saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

just picked up my bundle. Will be setting it up soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

just picked up my bundle. Will be setting it up soon

How much you get that for and where, any good console bundles with a couple games anywhere?

rizzla wrote: »
    How much you get that for and where, any good console bundles with a couple games anywhere?

needed a new Xbox so held on for the standard Xbox 250Gb + Kinect bundle. Its 349 in all the main stores as far as I could see with Kinect adventures included. Picked up sports as well. Got mine in Gamestop as I had store credit there.

All set up and initial impressions are.. Its hilarious!! I'm smiling here and its been a while since I've done that with a game. Calibration didn't take long and I can't notice any lag. Only played kinect adventures so far though.

Its definately a party / family type gaming experience. We've never had a Wii so can't compare but its cool using whole body. I was jumping around like a mad thing testing the response and gesture actions and its great! Photos at the end the game of me are hilarious. So all good so far. Looking forward to some kinect-less Black Ops now.

Edit to say just tried voice control on sky player... works really, really well. Tried speaking normally, fast, low, high and it picked it all up. Am impressed.

So it's picking up the irish voice commands.

Also pics or gtfo of you making a fool of your self :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Also pics or gtfo of you making a fool of your self :D

I've had it for a while now (was in the beta) and have to say it's well worth it. Kinect sports is great fun. Kinect Adventures isn't bad either.

Also, here's a pic of me making a fool of myself :rolleyes:

kinect1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

after saying for months ill wait to see what this is like before i buy it in a few months i was like an xbox junkie walked into gamestop tallaght and bought one 149 euro is it well spent we will know later lol

jesus i cant help it i have a gaming addiction:(:):D:pac:

after saying for months ill wait to see what this is like before i buy it in a few months i was like an xbox junkie walked into gamestop tallaght and bought one 149 euro is it well spent we will know later lol

jesus i cant help it i have a gaming addiction:(:):D:pac:

Dark Knight I feel your pain but have told the missus its what I want for xmas to stop myself buying it!

I'm quite jealous though and am sooooo tempted to go and get one today!

No I wont. NO!!!! I can wait..... ... ... cant i?

murphy you can and should, what if they all sell out you won't get one for christmas, your just making sure you get one and that she's not dissapointed come christmas, its all for her. just her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

Dark Knight I feel your pain but have told the missus its what I want for xmas to stop myself buying it!

I'm quite jealous though and am sooooo tempted to go and get one today!

No I wont. NO!!!! I can wait..... ... ... cant i?

Or do what I do, claim you have no memory of asking for it......you do this enough times and you set the precedent!!! I get away with it the whole time now. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

you definitely need a big room for it...I'm using it in my bedroom and it's tight..
    Boxing is great fun and definitely more responsive than the wii plus you don't have a controller to worry about...I'm bollixed after a few rounds :)

I'd recommned putting this in a downstairs room as some of the games involve jumping with both feet of the ground.

So far great fun...and those pics/vidoes of me playing will never see the light of day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

No voice commands don't work in Ireland at launch, AFAIK Our Northern Irish friends can use the voice control.
    Its supposed to be patched in early in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭mossie

It is great fun, and I didn't notice any lag. I can just about get away with using it in my front room but very tight on space. Game are probably not going to have long term appeal but can see it having some fun uses. Pity abou voice recognition, anyone know why not here?

okla wrote: »
    No voice commands don't work in Ireland at launch, AFAIK Our Northern Irish friends can use the voice control.
    Its supposed to be patched in early in the new year.

Voice works fine for me and my locale is Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

Voice works fine for me and my locale is Ireland.

Really ??
    It hasn't worked for me at all (with the Ireland locale).
    If you changed your locale to UK it used to work to just let you sign in and once you were signed in it stopped working.
    I was part of the Beta programme for Kinect and MS said on their forums that Voice control for Ireland would not be available at launch.
    Anyone else have it working (not that I doubt you Crackity jones):D

• Advertisement

okla wrote: »
    Really ??
    It hasn't worked for me at all (with the Ireland locale).
    If you changed your locale to UK it used to work to just let you sign in and once you were signed in it stopped working.
    I was part of the Beta programme for Kinect and MS said on their forums that Voice control for Ireland would not be available at launch.
    Anyone else have it working (not that I doubt you Crackity jones):D

I should qualify that by saying I've only tried it on Sky player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Held off on getting a new xbox till kinect came out. I knew there would be some sort of deal. So i got the €350 deal with kinect, plus i got sonic for free cause the dude in HMV drogheda is awsome!

Got it this morning at 9, and lets just say, apart from an hour of balck ops, the xbox has been running kinect adventures, kinectimals, and sonic non stop all day, people only poping over for a quick hello have stayed all day to play it, my mate has just left after getting here at 11. Its great fun.

The photos that are taken during the games are brillant.

Space is the main thing that is bugging me, its not a small room, bt its not huge either, so i end up falling onto the couch half the time.

So yeah thats it then, black ops has taken a back seat for a few days.
    Also: anyone that has it, i recomend checking out joy ride demo, its great!

76263_1702256240029_1346659967_1783141_4115591_n.jpg

is the kinect usable in a normal 3 bed semi detached housing estate house thats what I wanna know.

every add/picture I see of it is in a huge living room which is just not normal in Ireland.

ps the picture in the post above is epic.... I can only imagine the drunken madness that could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

is the kinect usable in a normal 3 bed semi detached housing estate house thats what I wanna know.

every add/picture I see of it is in a huge living room which is just not normal in Ireland.

ps the picture in the post above is epic.... I can only imagine the drunken madness that could happen.

My room is small enough, works grand, just move a bit of stuff around to have enough room.

Thanks for the pic compliment :D. No drink involved......yet.;)

Being honest I was a massive sceptic with Kinect and how wrong I was I impulse bought it with just adventures game and I'm dripping with sweat smiling from ear to ear and played for 3 hours solid lol it's brilliant can't wait to get more games for it now lol oh I live in a standard 3 bed semi and my living room is actually small and works fine with 2 people my wife had a ball and she hates games or gaming

Well done ms this could potentially be awesome

Would also like to point out I have black ops and Kinect kept me away from it for 3 hours believe me that's a major compliment to this console and kinect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Would also like to point out I have black ops and Kinect kept me away from it for 3 hours believe me that's a major compliment to this console and kinect

Black Ops is a ton of cack in fairness, Reach is a far better game IMO and I wouldn't be a fan of Halo at all.

I'm interested in Kinect now from reading this thread, I had it all but a write off. Will have to investigate further. Might invest in the new 250Gb Kinect pack as a prezzy to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Tried speech recognition there, not working :(

Black Ops is a ton of cack in fairness, Reach is a far better game IMO and I wouldn't be a fan of Halo at all.

I'm interested in Kinect now from reading this thread, I had it all but a write off. Will have to investigate further. Might invest in the new 250Gb Kinect pack as a prezzy to myself.

I'm still playing it and I swear I wouldn't say it unless I meant it it's great fun can't wait to see what games are gonna come out like FIFA for this or maybe cod or bad company 3 will they be Kinect ready? I know they said fable 3 will have some sort of Kinect capabilities later on but meh

• Advertisement

Btw if anyone on boards in the Laois Kildare area near monasterevin that are unsure and would like to try this send me a pm I'll allow boardsies over to try it :)

Advertisement