Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone get Kinect yet??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Try the demos in the bottom right of the adventures main screen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

Anyone know where we can get the tv mount? I've mine on top of the tv, but want to get the mount so it doesn't fall off (Bluetack is currently doing the job).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

HMV Game and Gamestop have it, but it's 30 odd quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

Cheers. Thats a bit much. Guess I'll have to wait til the next time I get paid.
    Hopefully the bluetack will hold out til then.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

OH picked mine up for me there. Not getting ut until my birthday though (mid December) :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

OH is picking mine up soon I believe... but i cant play it till christmas :( .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Korvanica wrote: »
    OH is picking mine up soon I believe... but i cant play it till christmas :( .....

WHIPPED Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lads, I tell ya, some of the testimonials here have actually sparked an interest in me. I might pick one up for herself when up in Belfast tomorrow...is the living room in the apartment big enough???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Bought it for the other half for Christmas, and let him use it straight away, we've a Wii too and it blows Wii out of the water. We're both knackered here!
    We've a big enough room but the tv is in the corner so its causing a space issue, we my have to rearrange the room.
    We're trying to gt the demo for Dance Central but can't find it, anyone know where it is?

Every home needs a Kinect, its bloody amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I'm picking one up tomorrow, can't wait!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

argos have money off kinect games at the moment http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID73/24027569/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/2|cat_14419738|Xbox+360|14419847/c_3/3|cat_14419847|Xbox+360+Kinect+games|24027569.htm

dance central and kinect sports are €37.99. there's more on sale too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I'm gonna try pick one up today. Is anywhere doing any good deals if you buy it with a couple of games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Note to all,

Beware of low hanging light fixtures, i jumped up and whacked my head of mine :(

I've also read of a few coffee tables been broken or fallen over.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I tried HMV, Gamestop and Smyths. Got blank looks from all of them, none of them had any clue there was even such a thing as a TV mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

Ive had it since the start of september and played demos of joy ride, kinect sports, dance central and full version of adentures.
    To be honest it's not as bad as nearly everyone is making out.

Joyride - utter ****e, unresponsive and clunky controls and who drives STANDING UP ?? even my kids (10 & 5) thought it was brutal. Could be half decent if you could use a pad.

Sports - good fun actually, versus table tennis and beers = brilliant craic, track and field events are good fun too, with the volleyball and table tennis being the highlight, though my limbs were aching the next day. Kids loved it

Dance Central - I hate dancing so hardly played it but Mrs Gobsheen and kids enjoyed it immensly.

Adventures - The usual launch mish mash of minigames to kind of show off the tech. Fun and different at first but grows tedious quickly. Kids loved it.

We dont have the voice recognition in Ireland yet (not till early next year) so I couldn't test that.

Anyone who was over in the house who is a non gamer was totally blown away by it and thought it was class.

I think it will only be good for MS.
    Some non gamers who play it will buy it and then maybe buy some "Proper" 360 games to try them out so thats more cash for MS and some "hardcore gamers" (I hate that term) will buy it too out of curiosity or for family. Plus I can't see MS letting it sink after putting so much dosh into it.

There is obviously some lag but when playing you really dont notice and it never took away from the enjoyment.

I liked the way you could stand in front of kinect and it would recognise you and sign you in to your profile and in kinect adventures when there was two playing it had no problem recognising my two boys and me and changing avatars whenever people jumped in or out of the game.

Video Kinect worls very well. Quality is decent but the way it follows you around the room (without the camera moving) is kind of a bit freaky.

Overall very impressed with the tech and could be very interesting in the future the way its integrated into games. Dont think we'll ever see a FPS on it ;)

mgsrocks wrote: »
    I'm gonna try pick one up today. Is anywhere doing any good deals if you buy it with a couple of games?

In game if you buy fighters uncaged you get motion sports free so it works out 200 for the kinect and 3 games ( since adventures in included) picked up the 2 year cover too was 12 quid.... Just incase

And as for the wall mount I just got a small triangular piece of wood and 2 L brackets... Works perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭mossie

Ronan wrote: »
    I tried HMV, Gamestop and Smyths. Got blank looks from all of them, none of them had any clue there was even such a thing as a TV mount.

Guy in Gamestop in Mallow said these won't be available until after Christmas. Also said the voice control was delayed due to "copyright issues" not sure what these were though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Got it today. Just stopped now after a 3 hour session. It's great. Got it with Dance Central.

I know I'm gonna be in bits in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Got one on Wednesday, kids loved it. As for me, well, I'm not in that kind of games, but I like the technology and an idia. Will definetly go for sports and fitness for my wife, just need to wait a bit for prices to calm down, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Got mine, just setting it up now. I have the power supply/cable left over if anyone didn't get one, based in Cork.

• Advertisement

It's some buzz!! It's like the wii but 100 times better, I got motion sports though which is quite terrible... Might trade it in and get kinect sports instead as it seams to have the fun stuff.. Motion sports is just woeful..... Nearly took my tv out a few times playin penalties in the football :P

Played the dance central demo and it actually looks class... Might invest into it...

Fighters uncaged is a little samey, interesting for 20 mins, genuinely gets you out of breath, but I can see it getting boring in the long term. Wish there was more minority report style control on the normal dashboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Wish there was more minority report style control on the normal dashboard.

+1. I can't see why they couldn't integrate it into the normal dash as well. The gestures within the Kinect dash are great, and the little glimpse of voice control is excellent. I like it, has a lot of potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

is it really worth getting. like for the price that it is how much genuine lasting are you goin to get out of it? will it be gathering dust after christmas do you think?

is it really worth getting. like for the price that it is how much genuine lasting are you goin to get out of it? will it be gathering dust after christmas do you think?

If you like activity games then yes, and this thing should have alot of good titlesmcoming out in the spring, vie played it for a day and a half now and love it I've only changed back to cod when I get recked...

I want a TV bracket, but there's no way I'm paying 30/40 Euro for one. Out with the fibreglass kit I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Note to all,

Beware of low hanging light fixtures, i jumped up and whacked my head of mine :(

Kinect drew first blood from me this way dam spikey lights :(. Only had it on about half a hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I want a TV bracket, but there's no way I'm paying 30/40 Euro for one. Out with the fibreglass kit I think!

Thought it was a bit rich myself asking for 30 bucks for a plastic mount for the thing considering we just spent 150 on an accessory ffs. Im grand with the set up I have its all modular and have my own mounts but if I didnt I'd be fair pissed off.

@ding dong: lol, I have my notebook on a 3 point mount arm on the armrest of my gaming chair , of coarse that was pushed aside to play adventures for the first time.... 20 mins in and I end up b**ch slapping the notebook into a glorious somersault!

Come to think of it, I think an old camera tripod I have at home could be adapted to work perfectly! Think I'll be busy tonight playing with this one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've given up smoking and have saved a ton of money so this might just be the type of reward I could treat myself to.

Will probably get the bundle deal I'd say.

Advertisement