Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ink

Options
  • 10-11-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

what have people's experiences been with Dublin Ink?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Here's some we made earlier:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055252104

and

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055864596

from what I've gleamed through these threads they're thought of as profecient in tattoo albeit slightly rude (though not profecient enough to warrant "artistic" rudeness)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Yeah the studio is nice, probably the nicest in Dublin, Artcore is also a nice studio the rest of the studios are pretty boring / dingy IMO.
    I popped in there once for a snoop and found the staff to be friendly, other peoples experiences do differ however.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

So anyone been to dublin ink recently .......?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I haven't been but a mate of mine swears by them. Seems like a nice shop and decent work. I seem to remember them being very expensive for what they produced though but I haven't checked lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

They were charging €110 an hour anyway, most of it is good work, but there's amazing artists charging that sorta money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭aigster

They were charging €110 an hour anyway, most of it is good work, but there's amazing artists charging that sorta money elsewhere.

I have heard a lot about price... Mind you ..dublin expensive....nothing new there... Appreciate the responses ...
    Primary issue not that money isn't !!:) is good clean work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Never been there for a tattoo, but got pierced there and found the guy who pierced me to be a gent. Have heard mixed reviews about the level of customer service amongst the artists though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Had a look at their resident artists pics on Facebook. Meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

They seem to get some pretty incredible guest artists in every now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I wouldnt be a fan myself, over priced average artists in my opinion riding on the back of the name and the promise of a tv show which never came to be. Theres much better in Dublin and Ireland, some cheaper some dearer but better than any the artists in there.

As for the studio yeh its is nice and clean but theres plenty of nice clean studios in Dublin, Zulu and Skin City are two of which ive had experience with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Dani is so hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Their female piercer has absolutely no business piercing, having seen what she's done to some friends of mine, I'd rather use an old safety pin on myself than let her near me.

Artists seem talented but are definitely overcharging for their work. Have heard they're rude as many have said but I can't confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 afterglow82

I can only speak from personal experience, but their piercer, dani I think, is amazing, she's done loads of piercings on me, quite a few dermals, and they've all been absolutely perfect. You often get people bitching about a piercer/studio just because they don't look after their piercings properly - that's not the piercers fault!! All mine have healed brilliantly

Advertisement