Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City -V- Manchester United Match Thread 10/11/10

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Mister men wrote: »
    Well i've been watching football highlights for over 30 years and i think it's a safe bet that if the highlights are dull the match usually was. Just a hunch like.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Well i've been watching football for over 30 years and i think it's a safe bet that if the highlights are dull the match usually was. Just a hunch like.

Take it you just watch movie trailers too instead of the whole film. Luck you, ya get to see films weeks before they are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Watched the "highlights" there this morning. Looked like two poor teams scrapping it out at the bottom of the league from the football i saw. Really poor stuff. United fans had better hope the rumours about Rooney only signing a new contract so United can get more money for him in January are not true as they look lost without him. City had better hope they can get a top class manager in there real soon because they are headed nowhere at present.

Lol pathetic. The fact that you base your opinions on the highlights shows how worthless your opinions are. You really don't seem to care about portraying yourself as a fool.
    kryogen wrote: »
    Am i the only one who actually enjoyed the game last night?

I enjoyed it too, although I knew I was enjoying it for purely United supporting reasons. The positive attitude (United did not play defensively like a lot of idiot pundits are saying), the good passing in midfield, Carrick and Fletcher's interceptions and tackles, the fact there were very few breaks in the play - all combined to make it enjoyable for me. It's just a pity we couldn't get that goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

s_carnage wrote: »
    Take it you just watch movie trailers too instead of the whole film. Luck you, ya get to see films weeks before they are released.

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

Well i've been watching football for over 30 years and i think it's a safe bet that if the highlights are dull the match usually was. Just a hunch like.

You didn't say it looked like a dull game.

Seriously, your posts are pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

People weren't saying the match was somewhat dull.

But saying united and city both played shít just because the match didn't have any goals is lolable.

Both teams played well, if you had actually watched the match you would have seen that.

Although, any excuse for you to come in and take a pot-shot at united these days, laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

And you'd think after 30 years you might have a bit of cop on abut the beautiful game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    People weren't saying the match was somewhat dull.

But saying united and city both played shít just because the match didn't have any goals is lolable.

Both teams played well, if you had actually watched the match you would have seen that.

Although, any excuse for you to come in and take a pot-shot at united these days, laughable.

Both teams played well? You might want to go to the Utd thread and explain that to them because apparently Utd were awesome last night. Delusional gits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

karma_ wrote: »
    Both teams played well? You might want to go to the Utd thread and explain that to them because apparently Utd were awesome last night. Delusional gits.

City played defensively and did so to good effect. But is that really where City want to be at, play defensively at home to get a draw?

I haven't seen any United fan saying United were awesome. Are ya a bit delusional yourself perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Show me 1 post from the United thread where anyone says United were awesome. Pathetic lies.

Still in the shadow of the greatest club in Manchester. Jealous?

34 years

Le King wrote: »

34 years

I'm a patient man, I'll be here to mock you when your decline begins.

Good attempt, But I have cracked your code.

I'm a patient man, I'll be here to mock you when your decline begins.

Unlike City our club has a foundation and a history. You and I will be long dead before you can mock Manchester United. City have a loooooooooong wait to go before you can mock anybody.

Unlike City our club has a foundation and a history. You and I will be long dead before you can mock Manchester United. City have a loooooooooong wait to go before you can mock anybody.

weh weh weh.

History? Did City just spring out of the ether overnight?

Still, you can deny reality all you want, but your ageing team and your manager are not getting any younger and like all good things, must come to an end. This will happen sooner than you think and I for one intend to enjoy it immensely. What will be interesting is to see all the fair-weather glory hunting fans swap allegiances. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

weh weh weh.

Still, you can deny reality all you want, but your ageing team and your manager are not getting any younger and like all good things, must come to an end. This will happen sooner than you think and I for one intend to enjoy it immensely. What will be interesting is to see all the fair-weather glory hunting fans swap allegiances. Can't wait!

LOL, you live in hope.

I can understand why you'd feel this way, considering how utterly, utterly, miserable Fergie has made the last 20 years for you. God i'd hate to have been that bitter towards someone who won things so relentlessly for so long. What a sh*t way to lead your life.

Have one of these you must nearly enjoy the sharp, searing acid tang of bitterness at this stage.

lemon.jpeg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

34 years

It's a bit longer than that King!
    weh weh weh.

How long have you been waiting? Serious question.

I wouldn't stop anytime soon though, but i hear that if you keep getting disappointed year after year you get kind of used to it?

Could you confirm that?

lordgoat wrote: »
    It's a bit longer than that King!

How long have you been waiting? Serious question.

I wouldn't stop anytime soon though, but i hear that if you keep getting disappointed year after year you get kind of used to it?

Could you confirm that?

Hey, you decided who you will support after the rags go on the wane? Chelsea maybe? Madrid perhaps? Better get choosing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Still, you can deny reality all you want

LOL. Pot,kettle,black. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Id be very bitter too if it had been 34 years AND COUNTING!

• Advertisement

Hey, you decided who you will support after the rags go on the wane? Chelsea maybe? Madrid perhaps? Better get choosing!

you really are such a bitter person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

weh weh weh.

You score a 2/10 on the troll scale.

Must work harder.

If United never won a trophy again I have enough good memories built up to last ten lifetimes. What have you got except a lifetime of empty bitterness, some Arab dirt money and a few song about Shaun Goater? Your efforts in this thread have been beyond pathetic. At least when the Scousers do it they do it with a modicum of wit and a few trophies to back it up. I don't like them but at least I can respect them (or most of them).

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Id be very bitter too if it had been 34 years AND COUNTING!

This sums up the average utd fan in a nutshell, it's more about the trophies and the success and not the genuine love of the club. That's why I look forward to the decline, to see the rats desert the ship.

You hear that sound? That's the sound of inevitability.

This sums up the average utd fan in a nutshell, it's more about the trophies and the success and not the genuine love of the club. That's why I look forward to the decline, to see the rats desert the ship.

All I can hear is the endless bullsh*t of a jealous City fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You can keep crying like that if it makes you feel better.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I've read this about 4 times now and it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Have another go. They were totally super serial questions i asked.

How long have you been waiting to see the red half of Manchester do badly?
    Pre/post relegation (the first or second time?)

Cos that's how you judge a true football fan - right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

lordgoat wrote: »
    Rooney Giggs Valencia

Plus Owen and Anderson would have given options to change the game.

Give it a rest, ya g'man.

Nani is going to play and so is Park after scoring two so Giggs wouldn't play. Anderson only plays when it is a weakened team and likewise Owen. I accept they may have changed the game should they come on but your starting eleven is only missing Rooney and capable of beating any team.

It is weakened to the extent of missing Rooney but I don't believe you can say Man United play a weakened team in the way you have used your words.

how in the hell is me laughing at the fact your club hasnt won a major trophies in decades, yes thats decades, an indicator i dont love my club.

go back to see the pic flah posted.

Didn't know inevitability had a sound. Thanks. I wonder how long the good Sheikh will be patient with a club still failing massively in terms of the money they have invested in the transfer windows.

City have spent more than us since the PL began and how many titles have you won? None.
    Your a sham side, a team built with no foundation.

This "Since the Sheikh" bought us attitude from some City fans is laughable.

Fergie has refreshed an ageing squad and I'm sure he'll do it again.

• Advertisement

darsar wrote: »
    Anderson only plays when it is a weakened team and likewise Owen.
    darsar wrote:
    It is weakened

By your logic, Anderson and Owen both would have played last night, which would mean they are at a loss.

:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Having seen the 'highlights' last night - I really think that game is best forgotten about to be honest.

darsar wrote: »
    Nani is going to play and so is Park after scoring two so Giggs wouldn't play. Anderson only plays when it is a weakened team and likewise Owen. I accept they may have changed the game should they come on but your starting eleven is only missing Rooney and capable of beating any team.

It is weakened to the extent of missing Rooney but I don't believe you can say Man United play a weakened team in the way you have used your words.

Again you forgot Valencia. He is also one of our most important players.
    V A L E N C I A

Giggs not being able to replace Park who faded horribly is a loss. Remember Giggs assisted the winner last year with a beautiful pass in injury time. Owen who scored that injury time winner after coming on as a late sub is loss. Anderson started in this fixture last year and played a stormer.

It is also fair to say that a number of the players who did actually start weren't fully fit because of injury/illness.

And Rooney was one of the best players in the league last season so his loss is massive.

And then when the game was being played we had to replace both of our fullbacks because of injury so we couldn't freshen up our attack properly.

By any objective analysis this was a weakened United side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

am i the only person that finds this , really ironic?

i have a mate who supported blackburn circa 95. a few years later he could be see sporting a newcastle jersey with shearer 9 on the back. he is now the biggest chelsea chav supporter about...

i get the same feeling here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Well done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement