Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infinity Wallet

Options
  • 10-11-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been keeping an eye on the infinity wallet? It looks pretty promising.

I lost my JOL billfold a while back on a night out (Drinking + carrying pricey magic gear with you can be an expensive venture!) and in the mean time I have been using some pretty crappy fire wallet / card to wallet device that I picked up off David Stone when he lectured here a couple of years back. It works, but because of the fire mech it's a little bulky (especially if they catch a glance from the side) and the loading is a pain in the ass too.

So I am left with the choice.

JOL Billfold - £48. I know it works, examined a lot of wallets before I first purchased this and this by far and a way was the best for my needs. The load is easy as pie from palm and it works great with jeans.

Infinity Wallet - £84.99. The new kid on the block. It's also a billfold style wallet, it's a card to wallet (Which is my primary reason for purchasing) but also includes a few other neat mechanisms. (Peek, switch etc).

Should I stick with the tried and tested (And cheaper) option? Or do I give the new one a shot?

Are any of ye eagerly awaiting the release of the infinity wallet? Why that wallet instead of any other one?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I have the infinity on pre order.

However I believe the current king is the outlaw effects showdown.
    I have the showdown and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

horgan_p wrote: »
    I have the infinity on pre order.

However I believe the current king is the outlaw effects showdown.
    I have the showdown and love it.

Does that have a CTW load? You know I am much more into flinging bits of cardboard around than any of that funky mind magic stuff =P

Seems like it might be a bit too much more than what I need.

It has a nifty ctw actually and at least 2 p**ks , I'm constantly sitting down and finding new stuff with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

outlaw showdown is the business, absolutely superb wallet.

It is lovely , however i must point out the documentation is woeful , and even the online forum hasnt really taken off as well as it should.
    So while it is a crazy cool wallet , you must be willing to spend time with it.

• Advertisement

Well my wallet hit the mat this morning , I'll have a bit of a mess around with it and i'll post my thoughts later / tomorrow.

Bit of a tip though - anyone with 50 euro to spend : look at psypher. I'll review it this week, its awesome though

looking forward to hearing about it.

Howdy ,

Well my infinity wallet arrived today.
    My initial thoughts : the packaging and materials provided are much better than the outlaw effects showdown wallet , the box contains the wallet and 2 dvds (one is a bonus dvd available till the 6th of dec.).The actual wallet itself is made from the same material as the showdown.
    I have only seen the first dvd (which is the standard , non pre order dvd)

Effects :

1) Card to wallet. Peter Nardi LOVES his card to wallet. This one requires a palm, its an easy load though. The revelation of the card in an apparently SEALED section of the wallet beats the showdown straight off.

2) The peek. Almost identical to the showdown. and by almost I mean totally.
    Its a nice peek , well presented.A bit of crowd management required but its a nice easy win.

3) Shogun Section. Nice , again identical to the showdown wallet.Kollosal Killer could be done with it , but it will take a lot of practice. The switching section will require a bit of super glue and a couple of matnets , other than that its golden.the showdown has the magnets installed.

4) Serial Killer. very nice presentation of this , again exactly like the showdown.

In short , this is scarily like the showdown wallet from outlaw effects.is it a bad thing ? no , certainly not. The infinity is cheaper and the shipping time is waayy shorter - I waited nearly 4 months for my showdown.
    You are missing one or two things from the showdown , but only one or two and i'm sure with a little thought these can be worked around.
    I must again point out that if the showdown had shipped with a dvd ( instead of a scabby pdf file) the similarities would be even easier to spot.
    For value for money , this is the wallet to get.

so a possible rip off of showdown then? sounds good. seem like it would stand up to regular use? also, can you elaborate on the magnet mod more, is it going to need a good bit of work, and is it possible to make it tidy?

Rip off is a very strong word. Homage is a better one. Very Very Similar is possibly the best word.
    I'm going to add 2 magnets just for my own sense of well being for the switch section.It'll never flash , but easy to fix now than have a big red face at some point.
    The magnets are going to be put in the same place as they are in the showdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

It's a bit hard to have a homage to something within 6 months of it being released. To be honest I'd say they're independently developed.

Just looking at it, I've always had an issue with that reveal compartment thing with the leather flap. I've never ever seen anyone with a wallet with one of them. JOL Billfold is still, in my mind, the most realistic looking one...

Advertisement