Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PWC - Accountants brought to book over raunchy emails - See mod note post 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

fat__tony wrote: »
    My cousin used to work there a few years back so thats what I'm basing my opinion on.

To be honest, they are no worse than the likes of KMPG, Ernst & Young etc.

Your cousin was a twat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Pwc is a Firm....not an organisation.
    You know all 2,000 people do you?
    You think they are twats based on stories like these?

You're clever.......:pac: :pac: :pac: You don't write for the Herald or Indo do you???? :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Each to their own I guess & you're entitled to your beliefs

ooooh touchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

ooooh touchy!

Hardly, his beliefs don't bother me and he's entitled to them. But it's just like me saying everyone in Anglo or Google or KPMG etc is a twat.
    Anyway - each to their own. He had some good grounds for his statement anyway :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I don’t find this a problem at all.
    These things happen and women are constantly in competition with each other regarding beauty and fashion.
    I was once sexually harassed at work by a female customer when she pinched my bottom and exclaimed that I could do a bit of plumbing round hers, so I know all about this kind of thing and me know nothing about plumbing at all.
    I waited everyday for her to come back so I could get her phone number and spent several sleepless nights tossing in my bed thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

aDeener wrote: »
    you sound like a right barrel of laughs

Why thank you aDeener. :) Glad to see people can judge you on your posting history and not one isolated thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

eoferrall wrote: »
    pretty sure discussions went on behind the scenes you are unaware of. are you actually stating she did not sit her finals and thus wasted 3/4 years in college with no degree and still got in? wouldn't wash I am afraid. and if did they would not last long with that type of attitude to exams/work either tbf.

No this was in a one year post-grad accounting class, i think she did law as undergrad degree. But surely it reflects poorly on her that she didn't sit her exams with no good reason, when she had put down that she would have these accounting exemptions on her application and in part led to her getting the position.

I'm pretty sure most wouldn't get away with not sitting the CAP1's at all first time round without good reason, as it is a decent draw for the company that they don't have to pay for another year of your education if you've already done the first set of exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Stupid thing to do putting a list like that in an email and sending it round. Halfwits. The reaction in the newspapers is even worse, 'specially the Herald, plastered front to back with pictures of women, not all their for their brains or newsworthiness either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 partybart

Most of their Facebook pages are Private :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

maximoose wrote: »

Out of 10, I'd give them all one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

partybart wrote: »
    Most of their Facebook pages are Private :mad:

damnit man..post the ones who aren't :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm no law expert but they were talking about it on the Matt Cooper Show and they had some guy on, may have even worked for the Herald, and he was saying that nobody has copyright on their own image so they weren't breaking any laws.
    I suppose once the lads sent it out into the ether they gave up any privacy the girls may have had.

unless written in contract. the photographer owns full copyright, til 70 years after his death.
    fact

Im just trying to imagine if Michael O'Leary was chief of PwC would he bring out a 'Girls of PwC 2011' calendar??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

mloc wrote: »
    Does PWC not own copyright on those photos? Surely PWC could sue the Indo/Herald?

unless there was a model release i'd say the girls might have a leg too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I don’t find this a problem at all.
    These things happen and women are constantly in competition with each other regarding beauty and fashion.
    I was once sexually harassed at work by a female customer when she pinched my bottom and exclaimed that I could do a bit of plumbing round hers, so I know all about this kind of thing and me know nothing about plumbing at all.
    I waited everyday for her to come back so I could get her phone number and spent several sleepless nights tossing in my bed thinking about it.

Hope you changed the sheets afterwards.

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Out of 10, I'd give them all one! :D

Doesn't Mary have lovely bottom?? (whoops! :o)

Of course,...they all have lovely bottoms :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Is that the sound of a glass ceiling shattering?

They're untouchable now for fear of lawsuit. They'll all be middle management before the year is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Telegraph in the UK has run the story on their website with all 13 faces unobscured.

Broadsheets eh? Large format bog roll, I tell ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

wher can i get pics of the women in the email to see what all the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Lumen wrote: »
    The Telegraph in the UK has run the story on their website with all 13 faces unobscured.

Broadsheets eh? Large format bog roll, I tell ye!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8124973/PricewaterhouseCoopers-staff-rate-female-colleagues-in-viral-email.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

naughto wrote: »
    wher can i get pics of the women in the email to see what all the fuss is about
    maximoose wrote: »

Above link doesn't work. See Maximoose's post at 12.57 today to get the correct link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Christ those girls must be delighted with themselves, most of them are only average at best! That goes on in a lot of work places, it was stupid of the lads and I'm sure PWC aren't too happy about having their name dragged down like this but not a sackable offence surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Id say the best there is a 6 out of 10. Ofcourse Im sure they all have great personalities...

Michael B wrote: »
    Christ those girls must be delighted with themselves, most of them are only average at best! That goes on in a lot of work places, it was stupid of the lads and I'm sure PWC aren't too happy about having their name dragged down like this but not a sackable offence surely.

you see all the lefties will put pressure on PwC to sack them or else theyll have the image of a 'safe haven for perverts' (not my opinion now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2010/11/11/update-found-the-pwc-email-dudes-on-facebook/

Can't believe they posted up the pictures of the women when it's the men who were being clueless sexist asshats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Id say the best there is a 6 out of 10. Ofcourse Im sure they all have great personalities...

Really?

I, as I'm sure everyone else has done unconciusly looking at the girls, rated their looks in my mind
    Did you really think that, I think they're all very good looking, and a few of them are absolutely stunning!

Don't know anyone who would look as good in their work photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

it would be hilarious to get photos of the lads and let boards.ie lady's rate the 17 of them and then post their faces in the national and international press!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Wonder what this situation would be like if it was women who made a list of "Top Totty Lads".

I'd be quite chuffed if I made it on the list :pac:

it would all be a bit of a laugh, as objectifying men is perfectly fine, but doing the same with women is apparently a serious matter... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

it would all be a bit of a laugh, as objectifying men is perfectly fine, but doing the same with women is apparently a serious matter... :rolleyes:
    That's pretty much bs really as I've already linked an article where this wasn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Michael B wrote: »

It most likely boke the terms of use for their email system. When you join big companies you get a disclaimer basically saying you won't f*ck around on the emails. So if the company wants rid of them, they'll be perfectly entitled to and I don't see why they'd want to keep the guys. They've embarrassed the company, many women won't want to work for them and they've damaged their reputation. There may even be some civil action by the girls involved. There's plenty of people out their to take those jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

what are the odd the lads involved went to all-boys schools.

I went to a 1,000+ pupil mixed community school and heard of nothing like that...i just wouldn't have been cool.

I met someone in college who went to a famous all-girls school.. according to her her male friends (who attended all-boys schools ) had devised a top trump game rating all the girls they knew !

same girl said i was too shy because i didn't treat her as a sex-object so go figure :D

Advertisement