Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PWC - Accountants brought to book over raunchy emails - See mod note post 7.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

jujibee wrote: »
    There have been several posts to the effect of "ah sure, boys will be boys" and the first time I heard it I thought it was a cop out but the more I hear it the more insulted I get for men.

Are you really saying that men are so controlled by their sexy time thoughts that they become incoherent and act in unprofessional manners? If I was a man I would be upset that other men assume that my libido is so out of control I can not logically deduce that doing something like this at work would be a bad idea.

"out of control" ffs they rated the bloody women in there they didnt hump their legs when they walked past.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

aDeener wrote: »
    "out of control" ffs they rated the bloody women in there they didnt hump their legs when they walked past.... :rolleyes:

They sexually rated co-workers, on work time, on company computers. All of these things were most likely warned against during orientation.

Silly thing do do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Whatever about the guys involved originally, it's awful that the girls' photos, their full names, and their place of work have now been printed on the covers of national papers for everyone to see! :eek: The writers and editors are criticising the guys who started it, but all they're doing is spreading the e-mail to a much much wider audience. There was no reason at all to put those photos in the paper. The whole thing must be so mortifying for the girls and for their families. Very unprofessional of those papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

There have been several posts to the effect of "ah sure, boys will be boys" and the first time I heard it I thought it was a cop out but the more I hear it the more insulted I get for men.

Are you really saying that men are so controlled by their sexy time thoughts that they become incoherent and act in unprofessional manners? If I was a man I would be upset that other men assume that my libido is so out of control I can not logically deduce that doing something like this at work would be a bad idea.

Boys will be boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

They sexually rated co-workers, on work time, on company computers. All of these things were most likely warned against during orientation.

Silly thing do do.

they aren't out of fcuking control though. catch a grip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I think that was her point.

What were they controlling? Not their brains. Most men know better than to mess around like this at work when they have a good chance of being caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

It's not a case of boys will be boys, it's a case of some people are moronic and especially the last guy who forwarded it on to people outside the company with the reference to the girls' collective genitalia.
    I reckon at some stage he'll come up in the Darwin awards...

It's all fun and games until someone presses send to the wrong person and these guys end up being tarred for the rest of their careers as the morons who didn't have the cop on to keep their personal comments off corporate email.

Sexism exists. But it's far easier to ignore when no one puts it down in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Dr. Zeus wrote: »
    What a ridiculous statement! I presume they had no qualifications what so ever for the job just being busty was enough.

What about the guys? Did they measure them to see who had the biggest c**K before offering them the job.;)

Yeah i found that a bit weird in the interview alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Callan57 wrote: »
    Is there a data protection issue involved here?

I would question why a company like this feels the need to have digital photos of its employees available for circulation in the first place.

Surely thats just asking for trouble ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnpaul2

My opinion is that boys will be boys..

Its the newspapers who have turned this from 13 girls being objectified and given marks out of ten into 13 mortified girls getting objectifiedand given marks outta 10 by the world wide web, and the few who read papers..

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9452/getimageaspx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Can we do our own AH poll ? Who of the 13 is in you top 10.
    My no.1 is bottom row, 2nd from right.
    Top row, far right 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

What were they controlling? Not their brains. Most men know better than to mess around like this at work when they have a good chance of being caught.

That's what you think, most men you know have rated your looks at some point of other, even the men you work with.

That's what you think, most men you know have rated your looks at some point of other, even the men you work with.

I am sure they have. But they were not stupid enough to write an email and send it around the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

johnpaul2 wrote: »

Its the newspapers who have turned this from 13 girls being objectified and given marks out of ten into 13 mortified girls getting objectifiedand given marks outta 10 by the world wide web, and the few who read papers..

Just to reiterate what others have alreay pointed out, there were no marks out of ten, just photos of girls one boy/young man found to be the best looking in the year behind him. One other guy raised "reservations" about one of them being included. Finally got to see the email yesterday and it is a lot tamer than media reports made out. (Still unacceptable behaviour for the workplace mind but worthy of the sack? I'd like to think not)

I could'nt decide between the lucky 13..

no.1/ why do they want to work in that place.
    no.2/ why do the males have access to personell files like .jpgs.

If the .jpgs where attached to the cv's, the system adimns must of gave them out.
    I doubt that the human resources dept. give all the other staff pic's of the new girls to all the male staff in the building.

You need to find why and how this happened, not that some eejit blokes tried to exploit it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I am sure they have. But they were not stupid enough to write an email and send it around the office.

How do you know? Just cause you didn't get it, doesn't mean one was never sent...

How do you know? Just cause you didn't get it, doesn't mean one was never sent...

okay, fine. Amended - they were not stupid enough to get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,135 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    I would question why a company like this feels the need to have digital photos of its employees available for circulation in the first place.

Surely thats just asking for trouble ?

I say most companies have these photos taken for ID badges and are saved incase someone loses thiers and it will be easy to print off a new one.

The location of the saved pictures may be known and permission to it on the system may be lax so anyone inside the company can access it.

I say most companies have these photos taken for ID badges and are saved incase someone loses thiers and it will be easy to print off a new one.

The location of the saved pictures may be known and permission to it on the system may be lax so anyone inside the company can access it.

Our company has an internal access only website that has each employee and their photo. It is nice if you have to talk to someone halfway around the world so you can feel more like you know them. Also, if you are new it is good to look up the senior people so you know who they are when they are walking around.

• Advertisement

[SOLVED]
    Its a scam.

Its the RTE2 version of "I'M a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here"
    RTE we throw out all the intresting people.

btw
    I've never seen that many good looking women in the same place at the same time in my life.

Maybe:
    It's
    I'm not a celebrity, please, please make me one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

Whatever about the guys involved originally, it's awful that the girls' photos, their full names, and their place of work have now been printed on the covers of national papers for everyone to see! :eek: The writers and editors are criticising the guys who started it, but all they're doing is spreading the e-mail to a much much wider audience. There was no reason at all to put those photos in the paper. The whole thing must be so mortifying for the girls and for their families. Very unprofessional of those papers.

I take it you don't know much about "how to sell papers 101"

What do people think papers are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The girls involved in this are more upset about the coverage of this than the list itself.(I know people involved)

I just dont understand why the papers are so mad for blood from this, this could easily have been a slap on the wrist for the lads but now its being turned into a "scandal." What do the papers have to gain from this, they get a few young lads fired?? who benefits from that? The lads were wrong to do it yes, but the papers have a lot to answer for. Far more important things going on in the country and indeed the world and they plaster this on the front page. Should be more worried whats going on in Leinster House than in the PWC offices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

df1985 wrote: »
    What do the papers have to gain from this,

Sales.

That is what they do. Sell papers.*

It is a difficult concept, Ill grant you and a lot of people that... but if you think about it hard enough you might just get it.

*Lies, they sell ad space really.

df1985 wrote: »
    The girls involved in this are more upset about the coverage of this than the list itself.(I know people involved)

I just dont understand why the papers are some mad for blood from this, this could easily have been a slap on the wrist for the lads but now its being turned into a "scandal." What do the papers have to gain from this, they get a few young lads fired?? who benefits from that? The lads were wrong to do it yes, but the papers have a lot to answer for. Far more important things going on in the country and indeed the world and they plaster this on the front page. Should be more worried whats going on in Leinster House than in the PWC offices.

It still feels like a scam to me.
    Could you imagine if they had of been boot ugly looking girls (like the apprentice girls),
    Imagine the horror if it was Mary Harney in a a a anything...

http://johnniecraig.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/maryharney.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

If that is the case (hopefully not) the HR and/or IT people are dangerously incompetent and one shudders to think of what other personal information they are being entrusted with. :eek::(:mad::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

johnpaul2 wrote: »

bottom row third from the left. ten put of ten for her. giggidy

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Doublin

I don't understand the comments from online/print media about sexism/derogatory/glass ceiling in relation to this silly email.

Good Looking does not equal ability. What you find initially attractive does not relate to who you want to work with in a busy work environment. The email was a nothing(if immaturely expressed); it is the same basic initial instinct we all experience when meeting someone new. We get over it pretty quick, and develop more informed opinions if in contact over a period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Lads send around an e-mail rating girls. Big fooking deal. This country is crazy. :rolleyes:

Judging from some of the girls' Facebook pages it seems as if they got a laugh out of it themselves. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

I wonder if PWC will be called to task for only hiring good looking women.

Advertisement