Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PWC - Accountants brought to book over raunchy emails - See mod note post 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The email has now landed Down Under ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I can tell you for a fact that it is not.

Though alright we are a small/medium company with all female employees except for one male staff.
    I'm included on all the group emails going around the girls, we're all very close, and the height of the non-work emails that would go between us would be those cheesy inspirational ones, you know "if you know a friend who's always been there"...etc. and that would be once in a blue moon, "Don't use work email for anything other than work" has always been drummed into us. And I would like to think I would have more sense anyway.

So yes, it doesn't go on in my company!

Hes probably **** every half hour in the jacks then at the sight of all of yee.....make ye feel better??:D If he had a few male colleagues you can be sure theyd be talking about you.

The reaction of a few girls i know in the accounting sector today was "haha id love to make the list", these girls work for bdo, kpmg and deloitte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Millicent wrote: »
    I see what you're saying and God, I'm not saying it's acceptable from either gender but I think what is really getting me is how a group of lads, no matter what age, at that level of education or professional stage could have that little gumption. It's baffling. And I would see it as relegating them to a bit of fluff. If it were me in that situation, that's what it would feel like.

Do you think beauty should be a defining basis for judgement? As in a sole basis? I think we might differ on this. Without meaning to soapbox or start a gender disagreement, I've been in the situation where, much as I might prove myself elsewhere -- education wise or intelligence wise -- it's meaningless to some people. I know how it feels to be objectified in that manner and it hurts. It might seem like harmless chit-chat, but it gets to your self-esteem. It's really not a nice feeling.

Agreed completely on the Herald's actions. It's disgraceful and is just voyeuristic, crap media.

As to if it was someone close to you, perhaps you might see it as harmless, but what if she doesn't?

you sound like a right barrel of laughs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 master_chief

We live in weird times... Although I respect that women privacy and I do condemn what happened, I think it is all turning into just too big fuss...

Clearly people look for scandal and sensation these days.
    These pictures were merely face shots, not any nudity, etc.
    I don't get making it into such big deal.

If that was girls sending top 10 male email - I would not even think of being mad if I made the list :D

And as always in such cases, victims are winners here, I bet they will cash in nicely for this mess and some of them will probably even enjoy their celebrity 5 minutes. Ironically they will benefit from this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Is this the email where your man said he'd make his move after getting her drunk then doing the "whisper" move to kiss her off guard?

If it is I'm surprised that it's condoned here . It's a little bit date rapey no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Merzbow

If I was any of those girls, I'd be straight down to my solicitor about yesterday's herald front page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Forget the hearld, its on the front page of the Indo! What a rag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Just when you thought IN&M couldn't get any worse- they do!

What journalistic value is it reprinting the women's pictures.

Anyone who doesnt see a problem with this whole thing I dispare.

It's insulting, degrading and completely lacking any professional courtesy.

Looks like the glass ceiling is well and truly intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

efb wrote: »
    Just when you thought IN&M couldn't get any worse- they do!

What journalistic value is it reprinting the women's pictures.

Anyone who doesnt see a problem with this whole thing I dispare.

It's insulting, degrading and completely lacking any professional courtesy.

Looks like the glass ceiling is well and truly intact.

What does a dozen nobheads in an accountancy firm acting like 12 year olds have to do with 'the glass ceiling' being intact or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is this the email where your man said he'd make his move after getting her drunk then doing the "whisper" move to kiss her off guard?

If it is I'm surprised that it's condoned here . It's a little bit date rapey no?

No that was a KPMG email, and are you kidding me? Date rapey?!

Edit: Actually, I went back and reread that email as I couldnt remember the exact phrasing haha and yeah it is pretty bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Dr. Zeus

johnn wrote: »
    to be fair KPMG hired mostly the bustiest chicks from my class to work there, so they're not innocent in all this either.

What a ridiculous statement! I presume they had no qualifications what so ever for the job just being busty was enough.

What about the guys? Did they measure them to see who had the biggest c**K before offering them the job.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I can't believe the papers have published pictures of these girls on the front page!! All the Indo is missing today is a red top...

I can't believe the papers have published pictures of these girls on the front page!! All the Indo is missing today is a red top...

I cant believe its front page news. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Dr. Zeus

ridgewd2 wrote: »
    PwC were not actually the auditors for Anglo when that happened, it was E&Y, so please get your facts right before posting!

How's the atmosphere in the office today then?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

They must not have been too happy with PwC's audit of them last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

i saw the front of the indo this morning and couldn't believe they printed those pics either. *clap* *clap* well done the smart person who figured out the legal loophole to embarrass the girls even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Can someone confirm to me - there were 13 women hired and no men?

Seems that PWC have their priorities...

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Bluefoam wrote: »

There were approx 200 hired. These were the 13 "hottest"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Bluefoam wrote: »

Every year around Sept/Oct, the big firms usually take on a couple of hundred graduates. The 13 listed were just whomever created the email's 'top choices'.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭someday2010

Never mind what the Pricks With Calculators done I think that the papers that published the pictures on the front page are the lowest form of scum I have ever seen. The Indo is such toiletroll I hope they get the crap sued out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Any got the actual email wanna PM me? Methinks the source sender was a fan of the social network. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Never mind what the Pricks With Calculators done I think that the papers that published the pictures on the front page are the lowest form of scum I have ever seen. The Indo is such toiletroll I hope they get the crap sued out of them.

100% Correct here. The Indo is a rag of a paper and today's lack of respect for the innocent girls involved highlights this. Boycott this rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Does PWC not own copyright on those photos? Surely PWC could sue the Indo/Herald?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Warper wrote: »
    Boycott this rag.
    I've been doing so since they took the opportunity to piss all over a dead man's body while he was still warm and claim that his interpreter was a prostitute.

The Herald will be getting same treatment (not that I buy papers anyway...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Dr. Zeus wrote: »
    What a ridiculous statement! I presume they had no qualifications what so ever for the job just being busty was enough.

What about the guys? Did they measure them to see who had the biggest c**K before offering them the job.;)

Yeah pretty much, honestly the hottest chick in my class didnt go to any classes, then got the offer from KPMG assuming that she would pass her exams first i would have thought, but then she never showed up to the exams & simply told KPMG "ah sure ill do them with you next year" so she in fact did have no qualifications other than being...hawt!

I think the interviewers were Vadge men, they didnt catch the gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

PWC are an awful organisation populated by utter twats.

This story reinforces my belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

fat__tony wrote: »
    PWC are an awful organisation populated by utter twats.

This story reinforces my belief.

Pwc is a Firm....not an organisation.
    You know all 2,000 people do you?
    You think they are twats based on stories like these?

You're clever.......:pac: :pac: :pac: You don't write for the Herald or Indo do you???? :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Each to their own I guess & you're entitled to your beliefs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

johnn wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much, honestly the hottest chick in my class didnt go to any classes, then got the offer from KPMG assuming that she would pass her exams first i would have thought, but then she never showed up to the exams & simply told KPMG "ah sure ill do them with you next year" so she in fact did have no qualifications other than being...hawt!

I think the interviewers were Vadge men, they didnt catch the gay.

pretty sure discussions went on behind the scenes you are unaware of. are you actually stating she did not sit her finals and thus wasted 3/4 years in college with no degree and still got in? wouldn't wash I am afraid. and if did they would not last long with that type of attitude to exams/work either tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Pwc is a Firm....not an organisation.
    You know all 2,000 people do you?
    You think they are twats based on stories like these?

You're clever.......:pac: :pac: :pac: You don't write for the Herald or Indo do you???? :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Each to their own I guess & you're entitled to your beliefs

My cousin used to work there a few years back so thats what I'm basing my opinion on.

To be honest, they are no worse than the likes of KMPG, Ernst & Young etc.

Advertisement