Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A pint Bottle of Stout?

Options
  • 10-11-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭

Out last night for a few and I opted for pint bottles of stout. As I drank it and looked at the bottom of the glass I missed the wee bit of sediment that was always present; it was then that I noticed they are no longer conditioned in their bottle. A pity as it was IMO the last left link to the stout of old that Guinness brewed aside from the fact that it didn't taste near as nice and warming as I remembered it :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Diageo stopped bottle-conditioning Guinness about 10 years ago. Look out for Dungarvan Brewing's Black Rock stout -- 100% bottle conditioned, and very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

BeerNut wrote: »
    Diageo stopped bottle-conditioning Guinness about 10 years ago. Look out for Dungarvan Brewing's Black Rock stout -- 100% bottle conditioned, and very tasty.

Lord, that long ago??? :(

I had a bottle of Black Rock a while ago and I must say, it was pretty good and will be getting a second run

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lord, that long ago?
    Funnily enough they didn't make a big deal of it at the time. Can't help wondering if anyone in the company spotted the irony when they adopted the marketing slogan "It's alive inside" a few years back.

Advertisement