Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the iphone inspired improvements in all other phones from the day it came on out?

Options
  • 10-11-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I’m doing a project on mobile technology in college, if anyone has any views they would like to share on the gadgets of the iPhone compared to other phones and if it was ahead of its time when it first came out I would be very grateful. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Well many other smart phones look very similar to the iPhone, so it's certainly set the UI and aesthetic standard for most handset designers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I never had one but the original iPhone was supposed to of lacked a lot of features older phones had

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The original iPhone did lack features but it introduced a UI that was unique and easy to use. I had winmo, nokia, motorla and SE phones before the iphone arrived on the scene. Motorola was the worst UI experience ever, they couldn't even have a consistent layout, sometimes cancel would require a right button, sometimes a left button. Nokia and SE had nice a menu based UI but it required a lot of navigating at times. Winmo was clunky, awkward, difficult to configure but very powerful once you added apps and set it up. I wouldn't say the iphone was ahead of its time, it just introduced us to a new way of interacting with a device that was quick and easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think the original iphone definitely pushed touchscreen's hugely for the smartphone market.
    Before they were clunky and unresponsive and finally there was a product that beat everything else out there hands down.
    Sure it had flaws...no copy and paste, no bluetooth syncing , MMS support etc.
    But android 1.0 launched with no copy or past and to my amazement Windows phone 7 has launched with no copy and paste.

I mean what kind of tard launches a OS without copy and paste?
    Whatever about the earlier iOS and Android but what was MS thinking about launching without it in 2010 when 4+ years ago Apple/Google was being slated for not supporting it.

Advertisement