Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Block Bin Problem

Options
  • 10-11-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I’m posting in the right area, but perhaps you can direct me.

I live in an apartment block (approx 200apartments) and our waste bins are collected on a Monday and bottles on a Wednesday by a private company. The problem is that the collectors start at 7am and my apartment is right above where they park and the noise is unbearable. Am I right in thinking that they are not supposed to start until 8am? Does anyone know who I contact if this is the case. Would love that extra hour on peace in the mornings!:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Contact your managing agent, but they may not be able to do anything about it. It's roadworks and council works that are not allowed start before 8am, afaik.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Council bin collections from houses often start at 6am, this isn't specific to apartments. Unfortunately there is probably nothing you can do about it but check with the mgmt company.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could make a complaint of nuisance to the council / district court on noise grounds.

Its one thing collecting from houses at that hour and their gone in 15 seconds, but after 10 minutes its another matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

They do the same at mine. Usually around 6:30am for bottles, they wake everyone up but its only once a week for less than 10minutes and we realise they have to do their job. It doesn't affect me much as i'm on a rota shift so I don't complain.

You need to get the management company to negotiate collection times in the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Same happened to me in my last apartment, bin men would come in between half5 and half6. it was unbareable during the summer cause the windows always had to be open, but theres nothing you can do really. if youre in the city or close to it they have to go at that hour so they're not blocking up any roads

• Advertisement
Advertisement