Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cata Race Changes

Options
  • 10-11-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

With two new playable races just on the horizon, many players have been asking when they'll be able to convert their existing characters into goblins or worgen. Paid faction and race changes will be available immediately once Cataclysm is released. Realm First achievements for leveling any class to 85 will be available in Cataclysm. However there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race.

There will be a slight change to the way paid services work for goblins and worgen. Goblin and worgen characters wishing to change race or faction cannot be in Lost Isles or Gilneas; they must be elsewhere to initiate the process.
    There are no restrictions on race/faction change to goblin or worgen.

You can learn more about our promotions and paid services here.

so whos changing to what? im just glad i didnt level my dk past 60 and can just re roll it as a worgen now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

Not sure yet which of my toons il change over. Im not loving my druid whos a night elf so might change her.

I know il def be changing my D priest to a wickle gnome :P

Tbh if they just let them be any class id change the lot over to gnomes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

will every race be able to be every class now? i remember reading a blue post a long time ago saying that would be the case.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/08/21/blizzcon-2009-cataclysm-race-class-combo-matrix-online/

Theres the matrix telling you what combos are allowed in Cata.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ah nice one, thought it would be blocked in work, but it aint hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I for one welcome our new defectors to the alliance. But I wont likely be paying dough to change a lvl 35 druid into a worgen; I'd much rather just ding a fresh one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

first i'll start a human hunter and park him on some inn - hopefully it'll add up some rested experience a few moths later when i decide to level him...

... then i'll go and start a worgen druid and do the same thing...

... then i'll go back to my cap level chars and level them in the same order i leveled them to 80 (mage, then priest, then paladin then shaman)...

... go back to the worgen and level him until cap level...

... go back to the hunter and level him until cap level...

i wonder if i start the hunter now and then change race the rested experience would still count.. and for how many levels does the experience adds up... might feel stupid to change race for a level 1 (or 10 if i decide to make him a bank alt and need to level to 10 so i can see him on remote auction house) but if the rested bonus adds indefinitely it is something worth to give a thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

you do know you can only get like a level and a half rested now yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

nop - as i said, i thought it would add up...

... in that case, then, i'll do business as usual: create a char and level it to cap level in the next 4 weeks (or maybe 5 weeks now, since i've no idea how long it will take me to level from 80 to 85)...

ta-da!

Overheal wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new defectors to the alliance. But I wont likely be paying dough to change a lvl 35 druid into a worgen; I'd much rather just ding a fresh one.

Wish I had that op but i got 10 toons atm 7 are level 80 and the other 3 are level 75 just getting them up the last few for cata. Wish they'd give us an extra slot so I could just level another up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Im thinking ill prolly dump my lvl 31 war (bank char) or lvl 30 mage for a worgen. Its bad enough paying a sub, i sure as hell aint gonna pay for a race change.

Ive bought vanilla and two exspansions. And im about to pay for a third exspansion. With all of that and 3yrs+ subs, i think they should offer at least 1 free race change to ppl who have their 10 char slots filled.

I discovered half the fun in the game can be achieved by lvl alts in bg's. Im not much a fan of grinding lvl's questing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I discovered half the fun in the game can be achieved by lvl alts in bg's. Im not much a fan of grinding lvl's questing though.

Im actually looking forward to lvling anew toon in the new areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I'm looking forward to levelling ten of them, kind of :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Overheal wrote: »

I hope so, the queues on horde side for bgs since battle group merger is painful.
    Alliance need more players for us hordies to own :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

people are actually going to pay for a virtual sex / race change? jesus ... lol !! :)

i actually enjoy lvling characters up and would never personally pay for anything like that.

and remember.. allllllll quests are revamped in cataclysm! ! they be more like northrend quests with vehicles and all :)

Advertisement