Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur Morgan will not contest next election.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

He risked his life for his country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

geespot wrote: »
    loads of people have been accused of loads of things that doesnt make them right. with regard to the parachuting in of gerry adams (strange choice of words everybody in this country is complaining about the style of politics in this country where in all about favaours and slaps on the back and keeping the county sweet while letting the country go to fcuk instead of doing what is right for the country and letting that filter down to countyif for no other reason than he risked his life for his country which is more than can be said for any of the other likely canditates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭geespot

see in the local rag that pases for a newspaper mark the tw4t dearey called gerry adams a celebrity candidate considering that gerry has devoted his life to irish politics it sounds strange coming from a publican

geespot wrote: »
    considering that gerry has devoted his life to irish politics it sounds strange coming from a publican

Since when did Stormont have anything to do with Irish politics? Gerry had his only taste of Irish politics during the run up to the last general election, when he was shown up for the idiot that he is on a live TV debate. He is out of his depth when he leaves the Falls Rd. He cant blame everything on "themmuns" down here. If Sinn Fein are to have a future in Irish politics they need a new leadership, not a relic of a bygone era. In my opinion he is trying to head of a challenge to his leadership by Pearse Doherty, who should walk home in the upcoming by election.
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

TommyT wrote: »
    In my opinion he is trying to head of a challenge to his leadership by Pearse Doherty, who should walk home in the upcoming by election.

:rolleyes: your opinion is about is about as far of the radar as it could be!! Make something else up,i like a chuckle in the morning:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Folks, please don't post unsubstantiated, libelous material here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Since when did Stormont have anything to do with Irish politics? Gerry had his only taste of Irish politics during the run up to the last general election, when he was shown up for the idiot that he is on a live TV debate. He is out of his depth when he leaves the Falls Rd. He cant blame everything on "themmuns" down here. If Sinn Fein are to have a future in Irish politics they need a new leadership, not a relic of a bygone era. In my opinion he is trying to head of a challenge to his leadership by Pearse Doherty, who should walk home in the upcoming by election.
    <snip>
    Where did you pull that theory from? Best put it back, cause it is a load of rubbish. So, according to you, he is trying to save his leadership by leaving his own rock solid constituency, leaving his seats and by actually leaving the 6 counties where SF is the biggest party on the go. Is that right?

at least we know what the t stands for just missing the wat at the end of it how about you at least learning your geography if your not interested in history both stormont and the falls road are in ireland and what happens there is irish politics as for the stupid remark about a body on cooley beach just shows how ridiculous everything you post is every village needs an idiot iam sure theres a village somewhere in co down missing you

Personal abuse will not be tolerated on the forum

Stormont and the Falls Rd are in Ireland? They must have moved overnight. Wether we like it or not, Belfast, like the rest of Northern Ireland is an integral part of the UK. It has been for longer than any of us have been alive and will remain part of the UK long after any of us are around. Ireland no longer has a constitutional claim to the North and the union is now stronger thanks to the 1998 GFA. No amount of spin from Sinn Fein can change that. The only thing Sinn Fein have delivered to the people of the six counties is British Rule.
    Now lets have a look at Sinn Fein in the south. They are seen as a "northern" party. Their leadership is dominated by ex IRA leaders, or those that can admit that they were in the IRA. They are political outcasts in the 26 counties and in my opinion are losing their best TD in Arthur Morgan. They have failed miserably in the last few elections and even lost their Euro MP. Adams is seen as out of touch in the south and indeed a liability by many within his own party.
    If Gerry fails to win a seat in the upcoming election it is the end of his leadership. Anyone can win a seat in West Belfast with the backing of Sinn Fein, but in the real world it may not be that easy. What has Gerry got to offer the people of Louth? How is he going to create employment, what is he going to do for the economy. We have enough people selling dodgy diesel and imported cigarettes thank you very much. What can he offer the farmers of Louth?
    If Sinn Fein are to have a future in Irish politics they need some new faces at the top. Their leadership is stale. The once O.C. of the IRA is now an elected member of the house of commons and deputy first minister of Northern Ireland. Other ex IRA members are now also happily administering British rule in the north. If they havent sold out then they have most certainly been bought out.

• Advertisement

Stormont and the Falls Rd are in Ireland? They must have moved overnight. Wether we like it or not, Belfast, like the rest of Northern Ireland is an integral part of the UK. It has been for longer than any of us have been alive and will remain part of the UK long after any of us are around. Ireland no longer has a constitutional claim to the North and the union is now stronger thanks to the 1998 GFA. No amount of spin from Sinn Fein can change that. The only thing Sinn Fein have delivered to the people of the six counties is British Rule.
    Now lets have a look at Sinn Fein in the south. They are seen as a "northern" party. Their leadership is dominated by ex IRA leaders, or those that can admit that they were in the IRA. They are political outcasts in the 26 counties and in my opinion are losing their best TD in Arthur Morgan. They have failed miserably in the last few elections and even lost their Euro MP. Adams is seen as out of touch in the south and indeed a liability by many within his own party.
    If Gerry fails to win a seat in the upcoming election it is the end of his leadership. Anyone can win a seat in West Belfast with the backing of Sinn Fein, but in the real world it may not be that easy. What has Gerry got to offer the people of Louth? How is he going to create employment, what is he going to do for the economy. We have enough people selling dodgy diesel and imported cigarettes thank you very much. What can he offer the farmers of Louth?
    If Sinn Fein are to have a future in Irish politics they need some new faces at the top. Their leadership is stale. The once O.C. of the IRA is now an elected member of the house of commons and deputy first minister of Northern Ireland. Other ex IRA members are now also happily administering British rule in the north. If they havent sold out then they have most certainly been bought out.
    :rolleyes:
    YAWN!!
    didnt even read it.

I could have sworn this island was called Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I like Gerry Adams tbh. Not for his views per se, but for his determination and substance. He's a great speaker and when he speaks he does so from the heart. I'm not sure if I would vote for him though, not with the present situation we have. I do think we need a few vocal idealists in the Dail to counter the monotonous ramblings that have taken over in the last few years, but that need is dwarved by our present need to have a coherent and competent parliament of people with real plas on how to improve our country and not just pipe-dreams which are completely unattainable at this point in time.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I could have sworn this island was called Ireland!

Part of this Island is under British rule. The problem with Sinn Fein and their supporters is that they chose to ignore the cold hard facts.

northern ireland is not part of ireland are you completly retarded how can you write that down and read it and not think how stupid it is dont know what your problem is but as everybody else on has said you are starting to bore everybody

Part of this Island is under British rule. The problem with Sinn Fein and their supporters is that they chose to ignore the cold hard facts.
    Dont ignore it, work to end it.

Dont ignore it, work to end it.

Work to end it? Like Gerry and Co? Dont they get paid by the British government? Dont you find that a little bit strange?

Work to end it? Like Gerry and Co? Dont they get paid by the British government? Dont you find that a little bit strange?
    Money has never motivated SF and co.

Do I find it strange? Yeah, do I lik it? No. But it is a necessary evil imo. SF have compromised greatly in order to leave the gun behind. Sure a few quid is the least the British establishment owes us ;)

They sit in an elected assembly as part of a peace process,do you think they shouldnt draw a salary for doing so or would you rather a return to the dark days of the troubles??
    FFS will you stop trolling.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Infraction for geespot for insulting another poster. Folks, this aint the politics forum so unless you can put your points across in a civilised manner then we can happily close the thread and you can debate elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Money has never motivated SF and co.

Do I find it strange? Yeah, do I lik it? No. But it is a necessary evil imo. SF have compromised greatly in order to leave the gun behind. Sure a few quid is the least the British establishment owes us ;)

I`ll agree with you that Sinn Fein have compromised greatly, but what have they got in return? We are further away from a UI than ever before, the union with GB is stronger than ever before. All this has been sold to the people of the 6 counties as a step forward by SF. Theyve even managed to convince a few posters on boards that there is no border, that the union flag does not fly over Stormont.

Instead of giving us the bog standard anti SF rhetoric that you have been trolling this few weeks why dont you come clean and tell us all who you support or would vote for??

This thread isnt about who`ll vote for, but I`ll tell you who I`ll vote for when I know exactly who is standing. It certainly wont be FF this time and I most definitely wont be voting for the Right Honourable MP for West Belfast.
    Now can we all agree that Belfast and indeed the rest of NI are still part of the UK and will continue to be so in the forseable future?

no:D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

I wasnt aware that people from the County of Down had such an interest in Louth politics.

will tommy admit that while nobody is diputing that ni is part of the u.k now it wasnt always and wont always be but it has always been part of ireland and always will be

I wasnt aware that people from the County of Down had such an interest in Louth politics.

I`m half Down, half Louth.

geebag, I`ll not quote your semi literate ramblings, but you seem to have changed your tune of late. A few days ago you were claiming that Belfast and indeed NI were not part of the UK, now you aren`t "diputing" it.
    There are two seperate countries on this Island and while most of us would prefer it not to be the case, we have accepted and moved on. What you dont seem to realise is that a united Ireland has not been on the agenda, nor is it a burning issue in the "south".

tommytit i would like you to show me where i said that the six counties in the north of ireland where not currently part of the u.k and does that mean somebody from say antrim which is a county in ireland not irish i am sorry i am confused also i intend to be around long enough to see a united ireland an am proud of the people who fought to have it so

We're done here. geespot and TommyT, if you can't discuss a topic in an mature fashion it won't be discussed at all. If it happens again I'll remove your access to the forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement