Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Storm on the way

Options
  • 10-11-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

Keep updated here this one is big

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=374

From Met Eireann

Tomorrow

Very windy and showery tomorrow. In fact stormy conditions are likely from mid afternoon and through the evening with gale force westerly winds and squalls of 100 to 140km/hr, most severe winds in parts of Connaught and Ulster.

Outlook

Very wet and windy on Thursday night with strong gale force westerly winds which will give gusts of 90 to 110 km/h, but they will be even stronger in the northwest of the country. There will be heavy showers of rain, or of hail and there is also the threat of some thundery downpours. In the north of the country there will be further showers on Friday morning. The south of the country will have some brighter and drier weather for a time on Friday, however it will become wet and windy once again as rain moves in off the Atlantic during the day. The rain will be heavy at times and there is the risk of some local spot flooding. It will be cooler in the north with temperatures of 8 to 10 degrees while it will be much milder in the southern half of the country with temperatures ranging from 10 to 13 degrees. On Saturday there will be further heavy showers at times and it will feel cool with highest temperatures of 6 to 9 degrees. It will become quite cold on Sunday as maximum temperatures will only range from 5 to 9 degrees and there will be more unsettled weather with more showers expected.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Perfect username

You've been waiting a while for this moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Stay safe everyone and don't take any silly risks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

10-12m waves in 36hrs, woohoo! ( though not great news for vulnerable houses, businesses etc on the coast I suppose :( )

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HotDogger

Sounds good to me. I'm going to fix up a few empty cans on the roof. Finally get some decent water to drink.

*burp*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

jkforde wrote: »
    10-12m waves in 36hrs, woohoo! ( though not great news for vulnerable houses, businesses etc on the coast I suppose :( )

Yeah, you kindda forget that there are people in Galway whose homes were wrecked by floods only last November. While we are all going "yay a storm" their hearts must be in their mouths when the hear it, particularly as so many have no flood insurance now. Hopefully there'll no big damage this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yeah, you kindda forget that there are people in Galway whose homes were wrecked by floods only last November. While we are all going "yay a storm" their hearts must be in their mouths when the hear it, particularly as so many have no flood insurance now. Hopefully there'll no big damage this year.
    I know. You're spot on. I still love extreme weather though :o But I suppose a main part of that is nothing bad ever happened to me or anyone I knew during a storm before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HotDogger

Sure it'll be a mad storm all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

sure is windy! I'd say I was pulling some awful funny faces trying to walk through that today:o:D

2456_rollercoaster_face.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

The table in our garden wound up on top of a tall rock.

:(

Advertisement