Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

underwater digital camera

• 10-11-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

We seen alot of people with them in the waterparks in Florida, I never knew they existed til then. we had the Kodak disposible one and needless to say only half the photos are of average quality!
    Anyone know where they can be bought or have any recommendations for a good one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Where do you intend on using it? In a swimming pool, beach, diving?

You can buy decent waterproof cameras (not the disposable kind) but these are only good to a few meters of water.

I dive with a proper waterproof housing, good for 60M deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

I bought this one here. Its got hd video too. I use it for surfing so it's good and tough. there are other cameras that go deeper but this is the best priced one for swimming,waterparks and general messin in water.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-PANASONIC-LUMIX-DMC-TS1-GREEN-12-1MP-DIGITAL-CAMERA-/140450318629?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item20b37dc925#ht_5446wt_1127

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I bought the same camera (PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-TS1) as donalfo last year and have to say it's quality. I do a lot of kayaking and this camera gets a good trashing over rocks, in rivers, under water 60% of it's life and it's super.

In saying that it did fail after about 7months but it was all under warranty and Panasonic shipped me a brand new DMC-TS2 within 3weeks.

Here's a video taken on the TS1. I'm the lad in the shiney yellow helmet (or this one if you're not on facebook but it's very low quality)

Hope that helps a bit.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

thanks guys for your help will look into the Panasonic one. yea we'd use it in waterparks and swimming pools so think this one would be ideal!

Advertisement