Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare ??

• 10-11-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Only heard of this now..seems to be out in two weeks too :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Dead-Redemption-Undead-Nightmare/dp/B0049B76JY/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1289397220&sr=1-5

Across the vast Western frontier, a plague is spreading

When former outlaw John Marston wakes up at his farmhouse, he finds a world gone insane: overnight, deranged hordes have overrun the towns and outposts of the American frontier. In a desperate attempt to save his family, Marston must traverse a world torn apart by chaos and disorder, using every skill he has to survive long enough to find a cure.

Undead Nightmare combines a terrifying single player campaign as well as the full suite of amazing multiplayer content for one of the biggest games of the year: Red Dead Redemption. Undead Nightmare is a standalone game that does not require a copy of Red Dead Redemption to be played.

Single-Player

* Take on a brand new, undead-riddled, single-player adventure
    * Experience completely new gameplay mechanics, weapons, and world design
    * Battle against four different Zombie classes with detailed character design
    * Encounter Graveyard action areas as well as Undead and Mythical animals
    * Find New Collectible Outfits and Challenges to complete
    * 7+ hours of single-player gameplay

Multiplayer

* Join Friends across the Dying and Undead West in exciting Co-Op missions and Competitive Modes
    * Attack and defend in Stronghold Mode, or claim territory in Land Grab
    * School your friends in Poker, Liar’s Dice and Horse Racing
    * Annihilate your enemies with the deadly Tomahawk and Explosive Rifle
    * Play online as iconic characters from Red Dead Revolver or as the legends from Red Dead Redemption.
    * 15+ hours of multiplayer gameplay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Its available for awhile online, downloaded it but haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

seen adds on telly for it looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

That's the disc version (doesn't need a copy of RDR to run)

It's been available on Xbox Marketplace for a few weeks, 800 Microsoft Points. (Needs a copy of RDR to run)

It's well worth the money. Great DLC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I think it's only 24.99 when it comes out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I think it's only 24.99 when it comes out too.
    Yeah, I was going to trade in my copy of RDR and get this, but then I realized that I don't want the other DLC :p

However, for those who DO want the other DLC, you can buy the Undead Nightmare Bundle for 1600 Microsoft Points (about €20) which contains everything from the Undead Nightmare disc in the OP, but it needs a copy of RDR to run. It includes the Liars and Cheats pack, Legends and Killers pack and Undead Nightmare. It also probably includes the Outlaws To The End co-op DLC (it's free on Marketplace, if not). The DLCs cost 800 Microsoft Points each, so you're saving a tenner

Liars & Cheats and Legends & Killers are mostly multiplayer DLCs, adding new towns, weapons, challenges etc.

I just never got into the multiplayer, so I passed on them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmm disc based stuff is always good as it has resale value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

The Undead Nightmare is definitely worthy of your time. It's some of the best DLC around in my book. good few hours in it and if you're a 100% completionist like me you'll get a hell of a lot of time out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

I borrowed RDR from a mate and am not done yet so I will wait till the disc comes out.
    Looks awesome though especially the new horses and weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Looks good game, one question i have do u need Xbox live for it? or is single player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's literally answered 3 posts back in this 7 post thread!

• Advertisement
Advertisement