Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 19: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭lolie

webber = choker. he sh1t d load. has to try get ahead of tesmondo r take him out for vettel. good pole lap by sv.cant wait:)

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    No press conference on BBC or red button? :mad:

feck. say twas interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

bad news for alonso if hamilton gets a grid penalty. He'll be on the dirty side then.

Ham looks to be in a fast car stick him back a few places and its good for us watching epically if your not bothered who wins between Vet, Web and Alo.

Will Webber be a team player and get past Alonso so Vettel can win the championship? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

Ham looks to be in a fast car stick him back a few places and its good for us watching epically if your not bothered who wins between Vet, Web and Alo.

Will Webber be a team player and get past Alonso so Vettel can win the championship? :p

thats the question really isn't it. Neither red bull driver wants to help the other.
    Vettel doesn't want webber to be the first red bull world champ, and webber doesn't want to lie down and let vettel come through. will be very interesting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

thats the question really isn't it. Neither red bull driver wants to help the other.
    Vettel doesn't want webber to be the first red bull world champ, and webber doesn't want to lie down and let vettel come through. will be very interesting indeed.

Just looking at the numbers Alonso would have to drop back a few places but it is interesting after a week of will Vettel help Webber out!

Looks like Massa was on an out lap for the block by Hamilton so prob no penalty, here's what Massa had to say!

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/11/13/felipe-massa-if-lewis-said-that-hes-completely-crazy/

Unlucky he had to get out of Alonso's way, you would think Ferrari would be able to get their cars a gap. It was close on time though!

Plan for tomorrow, get ahead of Webber!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

Just looking at the numbers Alonso would have to drop back a few places but it is interesting after a week of will Vettel help Webber out!

yeah totally. Vettel really has been seen as the favoured son of red bull, and the fact that webber is ahead of him in the championship is not what they want at all. Its going to be a great race. But i still fancy alonso to take the championship with vettel winning the race and webber not finishing the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cupcakedan

Jake humphries and five live after saying Hamilton called to stewards along with Massa. Really dont want Hamilton demoted. I want him to throw a few spanners in the works with Alonso. C'mon Vettel. Great qualifying session.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

cupcakedan wrote: »
    Jake humphries and five live after saying Hamilton called to stewards along with Massa. Really dont want Hamilton demoted. I want him to throw a few spanners in the works with Alonso. C'mon Vettel. Great qualifying session.

An aggrieved Hamilton starting in 7th for example would be even more fun to watch trying to gain ground from the start!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cupcakedan

If Hamilton started in 7th it would make it too easy for Alonso and all he has to do is come home in 2nd and he has the title. If they stay as they are now it would be interesting to see Alonso trying to pass Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Quotes from press conference
    http://post.ly/1C39q

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I hope Hamilton doesn't get a penalty. It was a racing incident so to speak and to be honest, he came off worse as he damaged his wing and only got a lap in near the end. Massa made it through with no damage to himself or the car and at the speed they were going, no serious injury would have occurred.

A slap on the wrist is the most he should get. It would really ruin a potentially great race if he got demoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Anybody know where I can watch Qualifying online? Missed it this morning and already know the result, but would still like to take a look at Q3 at least.

No penalty for Hamilton, happy days :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88241

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Gonna be an awesome start tomorrow. Gotta fancy the McLarens to get off the line fast and Webber is going to have to send a late one into the first corner and hope for the best, can't wait. :D

Hamilton will be like an animal trying to get into that first corner first. He pretty much said before qualifying that he's going to drive the wheels of that McLaren this weekend. Class.

I can see the title being decided before the end of the first lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Webber might be wise to take it easy on the start so as to take advantage of any shennanigans at the front between Vettel,Hamilton and Alonso.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Webber might be wise to take it easy on the start so as to take advantage of any shennanigans at the front between Vettel,Hamilton and Alonso.

I really don't think he can afford to tbh, if he takes it steady and comes out of the first corner in 5th the title is as good as gone.

Current odds from various bookmakers for F1 Championship
    oddsf1.gif

Odd, I'd back Webber before I'd back Vettel at the same price. :S

• Advertisement

Also could you post that with the bookies still there? Wanna see who's giving 7/1 for Webber.

oddsf1_1.gif
    I guess the grid position is really hurting his chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

closeupz.jpg

R.I.P. Yas Marina Bollard 6, Nov. 2010- Nov. 2010

PJTierney wrote: »
    closeupz.jpg

R.I.P. Yas Marina Bollard 6, Nov. 2010- Nov. 2010

class. loved the replay and it comin right at ya:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Thanks for putting up the odds, put a fiver (I know but I'm only a once a year gambler) on Hamilton to win the race, hope he drives it like hes late for mass - it would make for great watching too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Just watched the GP2 Sprint Race. There is tremendous potential on the first lap for an awful lot of overtaking and incident. Its an impossible track to defend from one opponent never mind a few on that first lap. Cant wait. Plus believe or not there are showers in the area. Click on Dubai http://www.almiyah.gov.ae/radars/index.htm

Picture here as well of Webber & Alonso chatting during driver parade http://twitpic.com/36saun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Can't bloody wait, but have to watch it in work, would love to have a few beers in. Hopefully I find a stream and it doesn't disappoint :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

So, who do ye think will win:
    A) the Race
    B) the Championship.

I'm going for
    A)Hamilton
    B)Alonso.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Race: Vettel
    Championship: Alonso

Advertisement