Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 19: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Button doing well on the one set of tyres

I look forward to seeing how he does next year if the tyres aren't as long-lasting.

I should be an F1 tactician. :pac: If Torro Rosso had pitted Buemi a while ago then Rosberg would be further up the road from Alonso than he is.

Looks like they're reading this thread so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looking good for Vettel at this stage

reliability in these last 15 laps could change things though

Kubica 1.5 faster than Alonso last time around. Vettel just needs to turn the revs down and coast.

**** it anyway, this is almost as bad as 2008. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Looks like Ferrari have thrown it all away with one very bad call.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Looks like Ferrari have thrown it away with one very bad call.

Red Bull threw them a mangy bit of bait and Ferrari went for it. They knew Ferrari were looking to defend from Webber and it seems that's all they had their eyes on, when a glance at the timing screens showed that they were throwing Webber to the wolves and into a load of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Very disappointed with Webber, no where near Alonso. Should be putting pressure on him for Vettel's sake at least.

Vettel radio problem, maybe he's still afraid of a team order

pity for Webbers season to end with no fight, he'll be praying the other two have problems

Ferrari will expect Alonso to go all out in the last few laps

Anthony Davidson saying somebody in Ferrari should loose their job over Alonso pit call

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

So frustrating that you cant ****ing overtake in the race. Fecking Petrov

Anthony Davidson saying somebody in Ferrari should loose their job over Alonso pit call

He's dead right.

• Advertisement

brownacid wrote: »
    So frustrating that you cant ****ing overtake in the race. Fecking Petrov

There's been plenty this year, and when Alonso went out he was behind someone with way more laps on their tyres. The team's fault for putting him there and a poor performance for him not to pass.
    Also Kubica will be out ahead of him on lovely fresh soft tyres, so no chance of getting near him.

It seemed a good idea at the time, they should have just sent Massa, but the sticky wheel ruined that idea.
    Alonso has to go banzai now, no holds barred.

amacachi wrote: »
    He's dead right.

Wonder what Alonsos attitude will be

Maybe massa will force a safety car out of the blue

Wonder what Alonsos attitude will be
    I'd smash some **** up to be perfectly honest.
    Maybe massa will force a safety car out of the blue
    It's spelled "Piquet" and I don't see how he could do that.

I can't believe fcuking Vettel is going to win the title. FFS.

Argghh my stream has gone down !

Can't see any for you in my usual place.

Times like these I wish I'd the red button, sounds like Davidson is talking a lot more sense than the TV commentators.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭lolie

amacachi wrote: »
    I can't believe fcuking Vettel is going to win the title. FFS.

i know but he does deserve after the last 4 races. webber choked big time. gonna see a lot of finger waving shortly:D

Might be one or two last ditch manouvers

Davidson had said before the race there was no way Alonso would find himself outside forth place at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

You know, I'm kind of hoping Alonso pulls something out now, because I can't stand the thought of Vettel winning...it'll be salt in Webber's wound, and Red Bull will seem justified in their preferential treatment of Vettel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Get in!

Edit: Wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If Vettel wins this particular race will it be the first Pole he's converted to a win?

Might be one or two last ditch manouvers

Davidson had said before the race there was no way Alonso would find himself outside forth place at the end

He mustn't have accounted for the gambling debts of whoever made that retarded pitstop call.

I'm not going to be able to watch aftermath of this. I could watch it when Hamilton won even after busting my hand off a wall but I didn't realise how much I "dislike" Vettel and Red Bull until now.

You know, I'm kind of hoping Alonso pulls something out now, because I can't stand the thought of Vettel winning...it'll be salt in Webber's wound, and Red Bull will seem justified in their preferential treatment of Vettel.

They would be justified as Vettel is the better driver, Webber has folded at the final hour.

Webber should know well enough it was down to him to perform

if redbull had switched the drivers last week they could have been in a bit of trouble now

BaZmO* wrote: »
    If Vettel wins this particular race will it be the first Pole he's converted to a win?

Did it in Valencia and Japan this year, dunno about last year but he did it in Italy in 2008 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

FrostyJack wrote: »
    They would be justified as Vettel is the better driver, Webber has folded at the final hour.

At the final hour, yeah. Not at the rest of the hours. Webber was their best, most reliable driver for the majority of the season. It's not like they just started favouring Vettel when Webber started to disappoint. They were favouring him when Webber was doing better.

Alonso side by side with Petrov on the on board there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

God man Seb

Advertisement