Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 19: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Button right behind Hamilton. Just one race win's points behind him in the championship, I'm really looking forward to seeing how Button does against Hamilton next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

I was hoping Alonso would get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Good man Vettel. Well deserved. Hope it is the first of many! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Complete with tears!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

WhatS alonso at

lol

• Advertisement

Alonso being a total bitch there, pathetic to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done Vettel and Red Bull, Alonso a brat to the end.

edit Snap! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

amacachi wrote: »
    Did it in Valencia and Japan this year, dunno about last year but he did it in Italy in 2008 as well.

Oh ok. I think it was more a case of his lack of conversions.

Dissapointed for Webber and for Alonso (his teams fault) but at least I won some money on Vettel. He was 11/1 a couple of weeks ago! :)

Ooh bad loser Alonso!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭lolie

if alonso starth`s mouthing then petrov shud swing for him, smug d**k

Good ol' Schumi. :)

• Advertisement

What did Alonso say I can see ! Damn it !

Wonder who in Ferrari will be waking up next to a horse's head tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭lolie

FrostyJack wrote: »
    What did Alonso say I can see ! Damn it !

pulled along him and waving d hand at him, as in he cost him d title. its called racing fernando:rolleyes:

That's only Button's 2nd podium in the last 10 races I think.

Cool to see the last three champions all on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Delighted for Vettel...Alonso's true colours show through.

lolie wrote: »
    pulled along him and waving d hand at him, as in he cost him d title. its called racing fernando:rolleyes:

He shook is hand at Petrov and Petrov put his hands up as if to say "huh?". Petrov then turned towards Alonso a little, I thought (more hoped) that he was going to ram Alonso.

Well done to Vettel, hard look to the other two, would have liked to see Webber get it but maybe next year

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Eddie Jordon, man of the people. "this is Sebastian Vettels father he speaks very little english" EJ: "after all the tribulations....." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

lolie wrote: »

Seems from Alonsos interview he was annoyed at Petrov aggressive defence when Nando tried to pass him.

Seemed pretty content with losing the championship.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why did Alonso think he had a right to get past the Renaults? If you can't get past them then your clearly not fast enough.
    Stekelly wrote: »
    Eddie Jordon, man of the people. "this is Sebastian Vettels father he speaks very little english" EJ: "after all the tribulations....." :)

...and his "interview" with the Red Bull boss. Don't think he actually asked a question.

• Advertisement

Beekay wrote: »
    Seems from Alonsos interview he was annoyed at Petrov aggressive defence when Nando tried to pass him.

Seemed pretty content with losing the championship.

He'd calmed down by the time he met the press, had a few of the Ferrari lads calming him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Well done to Alonso for winning the World Asshole's Championship!

Delighted for Vettel, deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

He'd calmed down by the time he met the press, had a few of the Ferrari lads calming him down.

I'd love someone to have shoved a microphone in front of him in parc ferme,would've been some craic!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mad race, bad call by Ferrari, wanted Alonso to win it but it wasn't his year, Ill put a few bob on him for next year though.

Happy for Vettel, although wasn't a fan of seeing Marko on the podium with him.

Red Bull have clearly had the fastest car this year so its only right that they get the championships really, its mad that it went down to the last race though.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'd love someone to have shoved a microphone in front of him in parc ferme,would've been some craic!:pac:

This ain't NASCAR alas. :P

I wonder how Kubica will be next year, I'd say he'd be a decent early shout for an outside bet for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

From what I seen it wasn't really calming down from them, he had just lost a championship so his team was around him supporting him. He didn't look too angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This ain't NASCAR alas. :P

I wonder how Kubica will be next year, I'd say he'd be a decent early shout for an outside bet for the title.

Was hoping for a scrap ala Jeff gordon & Jeff Burton!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I'm surprised Alonso didn't spend half the latter stages of the race whining on the radio back to the team...

I am absolutely stunned that Webber has just described Vettel's win as a team effort too! No congrats either - Sour Grapes...

I think eddie jordan made a good point about Mark making the mistake in Korea, put him on the back foot

• Advertisement

Every year I think he will do well but either he never has the car to challenge or he only turns up for certain races, I would have Button ahead of him as an outsider. Hopefully next years Pirelli's don't have too much of an influence and we get another fairly even season like this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the top 4 are battling it out again.

Advertisement