Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 19: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

De Hipster wrote: »
    I am absolutely stunned that Webber has just described Vettel's win as a team effort too! No congrats either - Sour Grapes...
    He did congratulate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Every year I think he will do well but either he never has the car to challenge or he only turns up for certain races, I would have Button ahead of him as an outsider. Hopefully next years Pirelli's don't have too much of an influence and we get another fairly even season like this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the top 4 are battling it out again.

If Renault are wise they'll have been going after next year's car since the first race of the year. They do at least have KERS from last year so they shouldn't be too far off McLaren and Ferrari in that regard.

Button ended up roughly a race win behind Hamilton and in terms of retirements none were his fault, so if Button has his head on right he can be pretty happy with how he did this year. The Pirellis should degrade more, and that's said to be the plan, if so Button should gain some time over Hamilton straightaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

BaZmO* wrote: »
    He did congratulate him.

Ah I must have missed it through the gritted teeth...dreadful effort from Webber today, to then describe the victory as a team effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Well done Vettel. Amazing that this is the first time he has been in the lead of the championship.

BFassassin wrote: »
    Well done Vettel. Amazing that this is the first time he has been in the lead of the championship.

The Championship leader hasn't won a single race this year.
    I suppose that could extend well into last year too. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

amacachi wrote: »
    The Championship leader hasn't won a single race this year.
    I suppose that could extend well into last year too. :pac:

what? this was his 5th win of the year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Delighted for Vettel, he's a great talent. Felt a little sorry for Alonso, but his gestures at Petrov at the end were ridiculous. Such a sense of entitlement...

me@ucd wrote: »
    what? this was his 5th win of the year :confused:

Nobody who was leading the championship won the following race all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anyone else watching F1 Forum really noticing Coulthard and the tall guy being a bit more pissed off with Eddie Jordan than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beekay wrote: »
    Anyone else watching F1 Forum really noticing Coulthard and the tall guy being a bit more pissed off with Eddie Jordan than usual!

A season of listening to him has taken its toll on them.:pac:

• Advertisement

RB garage with a bit of AC/DC blaring,NICE!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Crazyness in the garage

photographers fighting for photos

eddie in there too

Crazyness in the garage

photographers fighting for photos

Lol @ Jordan going through the scrum to get to Vettel!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NoRegrets

With the car the red bulls had im shocked it came down to the last race wanted alonso to win, but congrats vettel i suppose.

Just hope massa can reclaim some of his former form for next season he's been a shadow of himself since his accident last season.

Yeah it's mad

eddie did get him though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

eddie in there too

What a legend, in there battling away to get Vettel!

Eddie is a bit of a character, not the best presenter but hope he's back again next year

Not a bad season the way it balanced out

surprised to hear mclaren are skipping the tyre test this week though

surprised to hear mclaren are skipping the tyre test this week though

Very strange decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Eddie is great for ducking and diving to get a person

amacachi wrote: »
    Very strange decision.

Actually Mclaren will be there, but the main drivers wont, Webber will miss it too I think
    But while the other teams are all expecting to use their main drivers for the test, McLaren will get reserve driver Gary Paffett and GP2 star Oliver Turvey to stay on after the rookie tests earlier in the week and carry out the tyre test in place of Button and Lewis Hamilton.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=49666
    http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/33835.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

i think eddie is a complete idiot, and an awful presenter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Bloody brilliant,,,
    I am delighted anybody other than Alonso won... Bloody Sour git.. Giving out to someone for not getting out of his way.. LOL
    Especially the cars from the team he left :D
    Well done Seb and the "Magic finger" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

delighted for vettel very well deserved championship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Well done to Vettel. Probably the fastest all year and finally got the points to make him champion.

Adrian Newey should take huge credit for getting Red bull to where they are this year. I don't think anyone else has designed a winning car with three different teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Well done Seb.
    Cannot wait for next season.
    Should be a gud un if this ones anything to go by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Well done Seb, can't begrudge him the title at all.

You know, I often feel bad for disliking Alonso and I occasionally try to step back and see if maybe I'm wrong and if there's something to like about him. And then he start's giving off at Petrov after the race is over.

I guess "Fernando is faster than you" doesn't translate that well into Russian :D

Great season, sad to see it's over, but as they say, the 2011 season starts this week with the Pirelli tyre test and I'd say we're 2 months from the 2011 cars being launched.

I'm seriously thinking of hitting up Abu Dhabi next year for the Grand Prix. Looks like a fantastic facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I have a feeling this win will go to vettels head and he will be even more of a d**khead next year. Someone should really strap that finger down too.
    I dont know if redbull shafted webber by pitting him when they did or whether it was a throw of the dice to try to get him past alonso but it certainly worked in favour of the golden boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

mickdw wrote: »
    I dont know if redbull shafted webber by pitting him when they did or whether it was a throw of the dice to try to get him past alonso but it certainly worked in favour of the golden boy.

They needed to do something with Webber's car, he was going nowehere. With Vettel leading for Webber to have a chance of winning the title they needed to pit him and roll the dice. It ended up working for Vettel but ultimately it was Mark struggling that cost him the chance of winning the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I don't think they did favour Vettel. Webber had the same equipment but qualified in fifth whereas Vettel was on pole. I don't mean to have a go at Webber, but I don't think people can say they didn't give them an equal shot. Webber never looked like he was going to get past Alonso today anyway and I think he was defeated before the race even started.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Would have rather seen Webber win ahead of Vettel, but didn't see anything in todays race to suggest they did anything to favour Vettel ahead of Webber. Even in Brazil them not getting Vettel to move aside for him can't be taken as favoritism. Vettel was infront, therefore he wins.

Something Alonso could do with learning.

Advertisement