Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend away attractions in Belfast,

Options
  • 10-11-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

My Girlfriend and I have Just booked the Ramada encore hotel on st Annes Sq for 3 nights bed and breakfast and 1 dinner for £79.00 per night which i think is great value, (i hope so anyway)

I will be arriving up there on the 18th of this month and Im wondering if there is much to see in the Belfast city centre such as good bars for live bands wax Museums or History museums etc, Im 23 years old and both have an open mind and like shopping but would also like to do different stuff and see different things. Im open to suggestions and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

I always enjoy the bus tour of the city - the guys giving the tour are excellent & put a lot of humour into it. It is very insightful.
    There were free tours of the City Hall, but I am not sure if they are still going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You got a good deal on the hotel

Do the black cab tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Not sure if you two are driving or not by my suggestions would be (including one of the bus or black cab tours):

Re. live music etc. take a peek here, Spring and Airbrake is the one to watch out for in terms of music. Foodwise I'd recommend Made in Belfast - always a hit with any visitors I have up from home.

Shopping wise it's pretty much all in the centre of town though there are a couple of out-of-town centres for bigger versions of the in-town stuff aswell as Matalan and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

the Crown bar is a special little pub.
    plenty of diffferent ales-lagers to sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

pow wow wrote: »
    along with the opening of the Christmas Market

W00t, Crepe's!!!!!! Went there after work some nightswhen was up there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Berns wrote: »
    W00t, Crepe's!!!!!! Went there after work some nightswhen was up there :rolleyes:

More a fan of the pub-tent-gazebo myself :P

Advertisement