Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses for Biostatistics.

Options
  • 10-11-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am currently 2 years into a applied medical science degree course and hope to get an bsc ordinary next year. After that the plan is to get a Bsc honours but have to choose what field mainly in Biochemistry that I want to pursue. Anyone I have spoken to that has done this course previously have gone on to Full honours in Applied Bio science. I have my mind set on pursuing Biostatistics, have been looking at college course but can find nothing related directly to this topic. Is there such a course?
    Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I did a degree in biochemistry in UCD and biostatistics was only 2 modules over the entire 4 years. I think if you really want to do biostatistics, that you'll have to look at postgrad options.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

There are modules available for postgrads under the DHREA in UCD but no courses as such, as improbable said, postgrad is probably where you'll have to focus on biostatistics. A taught MSc for 1 or 2 years would be the best option IMO

Advertisement