Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

n00b question about setting up an xbox360 LAN

• 10-11-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi there, i have a really basic question about setting up a network of a bunch of 360s to play LAN gaming with my mates. I will have no problems with setting up the network side of things, but i am wondering is it possible to have more than 1 xbox360 connected to 1 TV? AFAIK you need 1 TV per xbox but i'm kinda hoping to get away with a few plugged into my TV to save my mates having to cart TVs over to my house. and if not, i presume we could set up a multiplayer game and have 2 players per xbox360 per TV? theres not that many of us gonna be there so that would be OK. And if for example we were gonna play a multiplayer game involving 2 xboxes, would we need 2 disks? I know some PC games allow you to set up a LAN game and other PCs that dont have the disk installed can still join (admittedly the last time I saw this in a PC game was starcraft 1 back in 1998 but hey, I'm an optimist maybe microsoft figured they have enough money and allowed it...)

thanks for any help everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

1. No, you can't use more than one xbox on the same TV (unless your TV has some fancy PIP/POP settings).
    2. You can do split screen alright on some games, but not all. And even less will allow you to do LAN + split screen.
    3. You'll need a copy of the game per xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

cool mcgovern thanks for the good bullet point answers, just what i wanted to know

Advertisement