Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl External HD

• 10-11-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering if this will work with the Mac?
    My friend is thinking of ordering it.
    It doesnt say what the format is FAT, NTFS etc.

I never used a Mac but I'm presuming it shouldn't be a problem.

As a side note do you think these are any good?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20101111.p.1TB_External_Hard_Drive

Thanks in advance
    8ofSpades

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Was thinking of getting one of these today adn was wondering the same.
    Any use etc ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Will be grand for a mac, won't really matter what the format is as you can just reformat it anyway.

Don't know who the manufacturer of the actual underlying drive is, but it is almost certainly one of (preferably)Samsung, Western Digital, Seagate or (preferably not, but still ok) Toshiba or Hitachi.

It is not a bad price for walk in retail (and has an esata port) which may be a plus point for some, but similar drives can be picked up online for a bit cheaper.

Advertisement