Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router

• 10-11-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have Eircom NGB broadband with the Zyxel router.. I was wondering could I use this http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=530 with the Zyxel?

The problem is the Zyxel is in the hallway and the signal is weak in the back room upstairs..

So is it just a matter of plugging the D-Link router into the LAN on the Zyxel and away I go?

Also is there a way to then turn off the wireless signal coming from the Zyxel?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yes that is no problem, use the web interface on the Zyzel to turn off its wireless, if neither wireless works they may mutually interfere, change the wireless channel to test then turn off zyxel wireless once you finish testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Yes that is no problem, use the web interface on the Zyzel to turn off its wireless, if neither wireless works they may mutually interfere, change the wireless channel to test then turn off zyxel wireless once you finish testing.

Cool... Thanks for the reply.. I was hoping it was easy to do, just wasn't certain! Hopefully the signal will be better with this baby!

Advertisement