Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contents insurance quote query

Options
  • 10-11-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

I have been given a renewal quote for contents in a rented house from Fbd of approx 270. Equates to contents of 25,000 plus jewellery cover (90 + 180) - the jewellerywasn't on the previous policy and I feel this is quite high. I went to get an alternate quote from another company and was refused due to having had a claim on my own house (that I let) in january and find this peculiar. I expect that premium to go up when it's up for renewal but surely my other insurance policies should'nt be affected! Would it be wrong to get my wife to take out the contents + jewellery policy in her name instead? The current insurer never asked for her details as far as I remember.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

'tis the jewellery thats putting it high. Jewellery insurance can vary from 1 to 1.5% of the value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Deevious

try Ulster Bank contents only for 10.11 per month 22,500 of cover. not sure of the specified items though but worth a shot

Advertisement