Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only two years of BTEA allowed?

• 10-11-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Hi, a cousin of mine needs to know this as she has been doing a FETAC course for the last two years, level 5 and then level 6. She thinks she's only allowed two years on BTEA, is this right? Because she would do a University course next year if she could get some money to live on.

If you could tell me the info to pass on, that would be great because otherwise she faces going back on the dole.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

1.12.2 VTOS more than two years:

The Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) is payable for a maximum of 2 years only. In circumstances where a person has undertaken a course/qualification that is in excess of 2 years while on VTOS, BTEA (Second Level Option) is payable for the remainder of the course/qualification. The SWLO should ensure that the person is resuming the next year of the same course in the following academic year and that no qualification was awarded on cessation of VTOS. Once this has been established BTEA (Second Level Option) may be approved from the beginning of the new academic year

i think its just vtos ..... i dont think btea is capped like that ... as most 3rd level courses are 4 years in duration anyway . as long as she meets the satisfying conditions she will be elligble everytime she goes up a year of the course

and theres more information here

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/bte_all.aspxere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I saw that but does it count as progressing on the same course if she comes from FETAC?

She's doing two years of FETAC in a Further of Education college and then wants to go to an IT college after that, is she still entitled to BTEA when she enters the IT college?

She'll have to quit and go back on the dole if she's not, so hopefully she can qualify.

Advertisement