Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TodayFM Streaming on iPhone

• 10-11-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is anyone having problems with the TodayFM iPhone app recently? Up to the last week or so it's been fine, but in the last few days it hasn't worked at all for me (late last week it was constantly buffering / skipping / repeating content). I can't get it to work on either 3G or Wifi. The RTE media streams worked fine on 3G yesterday, so I don't think it was a problem on the 3G network.

I listen to it fine in the office (streaming to the PC with VLC), so I don't think it's a problem at their end, either (unless whatever streams it to the iphone app is a different server to the one used by VLC / iTunes / Media Player, and their podcasts seem to work fine too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Yakuza wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is anyone having problems with the TodayFM iPhone app recently? Up to the last week or so it's been fine, but in the last few days it hasn't worked at all for me (late last week it was constantly buffering / skipping / repeating content). I can't get it to work on either 3G or Wifi. The RTE media streams worked fine on 3G yesterday, so I don't think it was a problem on the 3G network.

I listen to it fine in the office (streaming to the PC with VLC), so I don't think it's a problem at their end, either (unless whatever streams it to the iphone app is a different server to the one used by VLC / iTunes / Media Player, and their podcasts seem to work fine too.

Hi Yakuza,

Ian dempsey mentioned this problem on this mornings program- they have rectified it their end, but are waiting on apple to upgrade it???(dont know much about apple apps tbh) he said it shouldnt take too long. I think he said u'd have to download the app again.

Hope this helps!!

MIRMIR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out for an update to it on the App Store (bit of an iPhone noob myself). At least it's not just me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yakuza wrote: »
    Hi,

Nope listening to it now and tis flying so it is.

Advertisement