Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda age card

• 10-11-2010 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2 logic1992

How long does it take the age card to come, applied for it 2 weeks ago, an i have no other form of ID, apart from a studnt card which isnt accepted anywhere. i was tolad at the station that it'd take 2 weeks and they gave me the track code, but it never worked or showed up anything. any ideas people?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to AH (From UL) as I can't think of a forum that suits the question precisely.

If you could answer it before inserting a hilarious response, that'd be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

More like 6 to 8 weeks!!

Mine and all my friends took about 6 to 8 weeks to arrive..

Provisional Drivers license or passport are handy in the waiting stage ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I was told the same, few years back, I waited 6 months before I recieved it, after ringing and ringing about it for weeks, I just gave up, they will just keep telling you that there is a back log.

I lost that one and applied for a new one, (I had the first made garda card not the new one) so they said that the old was getting upgraded to the new for free anyways so I didn't need to have the old one. They would just use the ref number for my card and use the same picture.

I still to this day haven't recieved that.

In other words DON'T get your hopes up about getting it within the 2 weeks you were told. Also the tracking number doesn't work on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Burn your car out, when the guards arrive ask them where it is.
    This is what happens when your threads get moved to the AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Mine came in about 3 weeks I think, but the tracking code doesn't give any help so I wouldn't even bother checking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    More like 6 to 8 weeks!!

Mine and all my friends took about 6 to 8 weeks to arrive..

Provisional Drivers license or passport are handy in the waiting stage ;)

+1 mine took around the same amount of time too. My passport came through quicker than the garda age card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Mine took 10 months. And of course, as soon as I received it, bouncers stopped asking me for ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

If your able to grow a beard OP theres no need for an age card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Im 25 and still waiting.

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

if you can go to the station and se if the forms were actually sent off might be a start. mine was behind the counter for 4 weeks before i checked on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Got mine between 2 and 3 weeks. I suppose i was one of the lucky ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Louthdrog

I got mine within 3 weeks, Happy days. :D

They spelled my name wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Think I got mine within about 3 weeks. They used to take a lot longer than they do now, you should get yours within the next week or two I'd say. Although it depends on your particular station. The tracking code is supposed to only work after a certain amount of weeks (says it on the page you got). But mine never worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Waiting on mine for over 3 weeks now. Tracker number doesn't work at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

mine took 2 months. one of the lads sent his in 5 weeks after me (same station) and they came the same day. i was waiting ages for it and was talking to a retired guard one night and he said that they never send them in one at a time. they wait for a few to build up and then send them all off.

dont know is this true for all stations but its what he told me anyway about our one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

mine took 8 weeks to arrive and the tracking code worked for mine, it told me the date it would be posted and it came a few days later. you could try ringing your station if they said it would only take 2 weeks, they might not have even sent it off yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My bro ordered one on the 14 th of june. I asked 2 weeks ago in the cop shop if they had any idea and was told. ' depends if anyone posted it off'

website says received

• Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

got mine yesterday after bout 3 and a half weeks...was expecting it to be a lot longer wait after reading this thread!....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Mine only took 2 weeks. So did my brothers. The Killarney Garda station must just be AMAZING.

Although I remember going to get mine. I handed my birth cert to a bangharda and she looked at it for about 30 seconds and then said "Yes, but to get an age card you must be 18, it doesn't state your date of birth here". No, seriously. It really happened. My Mother and I just looked at each and laughed. Feckin eejit. It is an English birthcert..but that's no excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I applied for mine on April 29th. Still haven't got it, fucking eejits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement