Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road widening at last

Options
  • 10-11-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Just a word of thanks to whoever organised for the road to be widened on Shantalla Road outside St. Marys. No more playing chicken with the buses and the taxis and the morons who couldn't figure out that you give way to the car that is staying on it own side of the road!

It's a shame that they didn't widen the junction as you get onto Seamus Quirke Road when the ESB were doing work there last year, despite all of the doorstepping politicians being asked about it at election time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

yeah I felt much safer driving through shantalla the past few days, it was kinda eerie driving home yesterday evening though without having to stop every few seconds afraid of some moran not yielding

I don't think it was a matter of taxis not being able to figure out that they should give way to a car that's on the right side of road...they just chose to ignore the fact

I really am a couteous driver but after a few years of it I just used to keep going slowly (taxis always expect to get their own way, bullys!) just forward enough so that the had to stop, then I wouldn't move and it would force them to reverse until I passed!
    so they would have been quicker if they just obeyed the rules of the road in the first place:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

That was a hoor of a road. Great to see it widened.

Advertisement