Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate License

Options
  • 10-11-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi all, I physically lost my license(the new 3 yr one). How do I go about getting a replacement/duplicate? Local F.O. is no good as he is never there....Tis' an unrestricted T3 .223 btw.

Regards,
    Anto

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi all, I physically lost my license(the new 3 yr one). How do I go about getting a replacement/duplicate? Local F.O. is no good as he is never there....Tis' an unrestricted T3 .223 btw.

Regards,
    Anto

Go a step up the ladder, to where the local super hangs out, the unrestricted licences are issued from there

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭goldenshower

So send it off to the super? Is there a particular form or just type up a letter explaining situation? Have googled the law but no joy. Thanks Tackleberrywho btw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Your FO can simply go onto the Pulse system and in less than 2 minutes issue a reprint of the license.

I would recommend you write/print out a letter stating the approximate time and date you lost the license with a quick summary of the circumstances inwhich it happened. Use the grant letter you received to provide as many details as possible (license/cert number, etc). Leave this in at your local station and ask that the FO deal with it asap.

Leave it for a week and ring up to follow up on the progress of the re-issuing. I would strongly recommend against going over your FO's head on the matter. This is a day to day issue and if you go to the Super you risk alienating your FO not to mention he (FO) will still be left to deal with it.

Play the game and keep him/her happy.

Ez.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    Your FO can simply go onto the Pulse system and in less than 2 minutes issue a reprint of the license.

I would recommend you write/print out a letter stating the approximate time and date you lost the license with a quick summary of the circumstances inwhich it happened. Use the grant letter you received to provide as many details as possible (license/cert number, etc). Leave this in at your local station and ask that the FO deal with it asap.

Leave it for a week and ring up to follow up on the progress of the re-issuing. I would strongly recommend against going over your FO's head on the matter. This is a day to day issue and if you go to the Super you risk alienating your FO not to mention he (FO) will still be left to deal with it.

Play the game and keep him/her happy.
    Ez.

I gave up on my local station many years ago as rural stations opening hours are very restrictive to us shift workers. the Divisional station is open for business 9-4 daily

My local station is the same Tack, but with one difference. There is only 1 Garda in my station and he is not my FO. For that reason if i'm not in a hurry i go to him and he forwards it on, or if i need something done that would be out of his "ability" i go straight to the FO.

Irrespective of your or my situation i still recommend the OP include the FO in all matters. As mentioned previously he will be the one doing the license re-issuing whether you go to him or over his head to the Super as the Super will simply give it to the FO to process.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

ezridax wrote: »
    My local station is the same Tack, but with one difference. There is only 1 Garda in my station and he is not my FO. For that reason if i'm not in a hurry i go to him and he forwards it on, or if i need something done that would be out of his "ability" i go straight to the FO.

Irrespective of your or my situation i still recommend the OP include the FO in all matters. As mentioned previously he will be the one doing the license re-issuing whether you go to him or over his head to the Super as the Super will simply give it to the FO to process.

Sorry
    I did not mean the Super, But the Supers station, as that is where it ends up anyway.
    There is a FO in both stations

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭goldenshower

Thanks for all the replies. I do not want to "go over" his head as he is "that" kindof guard....There is plenty of guards in the station(20 odd) but none of them have a clue about firearms laws...@ezridax thats what i thought too but it is a plain and simple matter of catching him.....either he is on "night shift"/holidays/etc. (2am to 10am) or is out on patrol.

....@ezridax thats what i thought too but it is a plain and simple matter of catching him.....either he is on "night shift"/holidays/etc. (2am to 10am) or is out on patrol.

Yeah its a common enough scenario, thats why i recommended leaving a letter addressed to him, and then ringing bck a week later. By that time he will have gotten the letter and should have acted upon it.

Based on your postion i think this may be best.

Advertisement