Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

age card

• 10-11-2010 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

How long does it take the age card to come, applied for it 2 weeks ago, an i have no other form of ID, apart from a studnt card which isnt accepted anywhere. i was tolad at the station that it'd take 2 weeks and they gave me the track code, but it never worked or showed up anything. any ideas people? p.s only really suitable fourm i could find for this as L.Cs are just or just have turned 18thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

There's a big thread of this in Clearasil and Hormones. :)

But yeah it can take up to 8 weeks sometimes, depends on the back-lag really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved from LC.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It took mine 5 weeks to come, I think. The tracking code never worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

It seems a vary a lot between different Garda stations. I live on the Mayo/Roscommon border and the guards on the Mayo side managed to get mine back to me in two weeks but my Rossie friends had to wait at least five or six weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

It took mine 2 weeks to come, from Swords garda station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

Mine took 9 weeks!

I'm seriously hoping for mine to take only 2 weeks. I'm 19 - it's embarrassing not to be able to go out anymore.
    (I lost my passport)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I'm seriously hoping for mine to take only 2 weeks. I'm 19 - it's embarrassing not to be able to go out anymore.
    (I lost my passport)

2 months if your lucky. they take forever to come. and some stations let them build up and send them off in bulk. mine took nearly 10 weeks and one of the lads got his the same day but only waited 3 weeks. they were both send to the same station so they obviously didnt send mine off till they had a good few in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Mine took 4 weeks but I sent my off before the big snow storms and christmas. It would have probably come earlier if the snow storm didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

My local Garda Station refuse to give any out. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    My local Garda Station refuse to give any out. :(

Surely thats illegal? Especially as your not allowed go anywhere else to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Surely thats illegal? Especially as your not allowed go anywhere else to get one.

Probably is. They just tell everyone to go to the library to get one for some reason.

I think I can get one somewhere else and just get them to send it off or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Probably is. They just tell everyone to go to the library to get one for some reason.

I think I can get one somewhere else and just get them to send it off or something.

do you mean the form like? it must be signed by a garda and you must sign it infront of him too. he must also check your birth cert like so they cant refuse you a garda id surely

Advertisement