Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish lifting- scammers?

Options
  • 10-11-2010 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

4 20kg weight plates ordered on 6th October, listed as in stock.They were in stock because I wanted a belt also but that was not in stock.

I emailed on the 14th and asked why they hadnt arrived, I got a response on the 15th

On 15 October 2010 02:34, xxxxx wrote:
    >
    > Hi I ordered 4 20kg weight plates on 6th October and it still has not arrived.
    >
    > My order number is xxxxx
    >

Hi Daniel,

sorry about that, when you ordered the plates they were out of stock.
    It shows up at the bottom when you add things to the cart but some
    people don't notice. The plates are due in on the 21st of this month
    if you can wait or I will issue a refund if thats what you would
    prefer.

Thanks,

Mick

>So I emailed him back that same day:

> Hi im pretty sure it didnt say it was out of stock because I wanted to get a
    > belt also but it was out of stock.The plates said they were not.Ill wait
    > until the 21st.
    >His response:

>> Sorry about that, I have a minus 6 stock of the plates in the stock
    >> tracking (someone else bought 2) so it should have said it but maybe
    >> there is a glitch in the site...

I didnt get the plates so I emailed him on 28th
    > Hi you said the plates were due in on the 21st but I still havent received
    > them.Can I expect to have them by friday?

His response on 28th:

Hi Daniel,

sorry about the delay, they have been stopped by customs for a few
    days but should be released today and hopefully delivered tomorrow. I
    could bring them over to you because you are only in xxx on Friday
    or Saturday if you want (once they do come in tomorrow).

They didnt arrive so I emailed him on 31st

> Do you know when I can expect them?

He responded on 31st
    Hi Daniel,

sorry but they didn't get delivered Friday but will be with me on
    Monday. I will get them out to you on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,

Mick

I mailed him on 1st November asking for compensation

> They didnt come and its been a very long time since I ordered them.I just
    > wanted to ask if its possible to receive some compensation?I wanted to get a
    > bodybuilding belt and I see you have them.Could I get a medium size one of
    > these when they are in stock?

He responds on the 3rd:

Ok I can give you a belt for free.

Thanks,

Mick

I have mailed him about 4 times since the 3rd and no response since then.
    Seems like a scam to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Mick does not operate a scam.

He has hundreds of satisfied customers from the fitness forum on boards.
    And is well known in the Entrepenuer forum.

To be fair this sounds very unusual for Mick and if/when he sees this post I am sure he will rectify the situation with you.

Some of the best stuff I have is from his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Post in fitness forum. Mick is well known there and is not a scammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

The guy who runs Irish Lifting posts on the fitness forum, think his username is Mickk.
    That site comes highly recommended so I'd think he's being genuine, I've never heard about any problems with the site.

Have you not tried calling irishlifting?

The number on their site is 01-4759529, it would save a lot of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Thanks I didnt see the number.I will try calling tomorrow.Its very frustrating because ive wanted to calculate my new deadlift 1RM for ages now.And its ruined my current program because of it, Its based around knowing your 1RM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Hi Daniel,

you neglected to post the email where after I said I would give you the belt for free you asked me if I was trying to steal your money and the post on boards where you were were complaining that you emailed yesterday and were still waiting a reply, infact you emailed at 3.30 in the morning and I emailed you back the same day. I have the plates instock now but I have refunded your card after your concerns that I was trying to steal your money and I'd prefer to not sell to you...

Thanks anyway,

Mickk

• Advertisement

Mickk wrote: »
    Hi Daniel,

you neglected to post the email where after I said I would give you the belt for free you asked me if I was trying to steal your money and the post on boards where you were were complaining that you emailed yesterday and were still waiting a reply, infact you emailed at 3.30 in the morning and I emailed you back the same day. I have the plates instock now but I have refunded your card after your concerns that I was trying to steal your money and I'd prefer to not sell to you...

Thanks anyway,

Mickk

Nice try but I didnt receive any such email, I even checked junk folder and nothing.I invite you to post a screenshot of said email with everything clearly showing.Belt for free is last email.And now withdrawing your offer of belt for free just shows the amazing service.Lieing just tarnishes your seemingly good rep.

Oh you mean that post on boards I made over a month ago when the plates were supposedly in stock?Wait so your telling me your not the one at fault here because you replied to my first email to you about why the plates had not arrived in 9 days?

Am hours are the start of the day, just incase you were unsure.

You lied multiple times about when the plates were coming in, you even said you were personally delivering them on a weekend.You lied about them coming in on the 21st, you lied about a belt for free, and now your lieing about an email.That email where I asked if you were tring to steal from me was the last email sent so you supposedly replied to that but not to the others?Sounds likely, seeing as that email was sent on the 7th.
    Savvy business practice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Mickk wrote: »
    Hi Daniel,

Thanks anyway,

Mickk

I'd love to be in a position to refuse customers like this. Mick, maybe you could post the rest of the emails you received from this guy. Only fair as he posted everything he received from you.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'd love to be in a position to refuse customers like this. Mick, maybe you could post the rest of the emails you received from this guy. Only fair as he posted everything he received from you.

Okay so waiting for a delivery for 34 days to deliver to dublin and as noted in the emails im nearby sounds reasonable?What about the promised free belt?Or the promised 'im getting the plates in on 21st'?

The only other emails this guy sent was one on the 3rd November and one on the 7th, both of which not replied to.

3rd:

Appreciate it man.Do you have a new eta?

7th:

Are you actually trying to get what I ordered out to me or just trying to steal my money?

And 2 emails were not responded to, not 4.I checked my sent folder and I was wrong on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

dacookie wrote: »
    Nice try but I didnt receive any such email, I even checked junk folder and nothing.I invite you to post a screenshot of said email with everything clearly showing.Belt for free is last email.And now withdrawing your offer of belt for free just shows the amazing service.Lieing just tarnishes your seemingly good rep.

Oh you mean that post on boards I made over a month ago when the plates were supposedly in stock?Wait so your telling me your not the one at fault here because you replied to my first email to you about why the plates had not arrived in 9 days?

Am hours are the start of the day, just incase you were unsure.

You lied multiple times about when the plates were coming in, you even said you were personally delivering them on a weekend.You lied about them coming in on the 21st, you lied about a belt for free, and now your lieing about an email.That email where I asked if you were tring to steal from me was the last email sent so you supposedly replied to that but not to the others?Sounds likely, seeing as that email was sent on the 7th.
    Savvy business practice there.

You need to read my reply again, I didn't say I emailed you again. After I offered you the free belt and you then emailed asking if I was trying to steal your money I gave up and decided to refund the money instead. Also I do understand how the time works, you emailed me at 3.30 in the morning on the 15th and then came on boards in the afternoon of the 15th saying you emailed "yesterday" and were awaiting reply.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056049780

My website clearly says in the cart when a product is out of stock "Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
    You can buy them anyway and you will be contacted as soon as they are in stock." I don't need to argue with you over this, sorry I didn't have the plates in stock and that they were delayed from when they were supposed to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Mickk,

I wouldn't be too worried about nonsense posts like this. There's enough satisfied users on the boards to know that your customer service is excellent and prices are good.

I intend to order off irish-lifting but am waiting for my gym contract to run out first. Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement

I sent that because you didnt reply to the previous email.What am I meant to think after 34 days?If you order something from a place in dublin and your waiting 34 days what are you going to think?Lets presume you do get it in on 21st like you said you would.Thats still 20 days, you would be thinking the same thing.

Okay I can see where I am misunderstanding you but you have to see where you are misunderstanding me.

The website didnt say that when I ordered.It only said that for the belt and thats why I didnt order the belt because it said it wasnt in stock.

Look can you not just forget the refund and have my order to me before the week ends?I would much prefer that.

Im sorry if you think im being a dick but I legitimantly thought you were trying to steal my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Maybe you need to run a business more like Mickk then.
    His sales and after-sales service are exceptional in my experience. I will soon be purchasing from him again.

If you ask me, posting correspondence like dacookie did is the height of bad manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

dacookie You should not put the contents of a private conversation into the public domain. It's very bad form.

To be honest, I immensely dislike this thread and therefore I will close it.

Mickk, please let me know by PM if you wish this thread to be deleted or for posts containing correspondance to be removed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement