Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sprint stick used by runners

• 10-11-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

can anybody tell me where i can buy one in ireland or uk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭multisport

If you mean 'the stick' at the bottom of that page, then wheelworx in Fonthill have them, didn't check the price of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sprint stick - wild guess - relay baton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

OP also posted in Cycling and one poster suggested this. A body massage stick. OP hasn't explicitly said if this is what he's looking for. It seems interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I use a cattle prod to give sprinters an incentive when doing starts and also at the end of endurance intervals. Could it be this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jimbo21

the sprint stick is used athletics eg. running to message your legs and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

jimbo21 wrote: »
    the sprint stick is used athletics eg. running to message your legs and so on

Why's it called a sprint stick? Sprinters hardly need it after their hard session of half a dozen flying 60s :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Why's it called a sprint stick? Sprinters hardly need it after their hard session of half a dozen flying 60s :pac:

They need a stick in case they have to go up a hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Getonwithit

Are we talking about physio stick????? I think the confusion may be that a certain sprinting group are very fond of using them up in Santry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Is it that sprinters need the stick to bate the painfully slow muckers out of their way whilst hammering around the track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Commonly used for stretching out the hamstrings and thighs

Advertisement