Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Required: Burning dvd's in fullscreen mode

• 10-11-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Ok, so here’s the story. I usually download my favourite tv series and movies from the net (no mention or thoughts of any illegal downloading should be implied!!) onto my hard drive and then when I want to watch them, I’d burn a few of them together as a data dvd using Nero.

However, most of them seem to come out in widescreen format (sometimes the picture is tiny in the middle of the screen and you’re basically watching a black screen) and I find it really annoying. I can’t change the settings on the tv as it’s a fairly old one and I’ve tried changing the settings on the dvd player but to no avail. What I’m asking is how do I change/set the settings on Nero that it burns full screen or how do I burn dvd’s that will play in fullscreen?

Mods: apologies if this is the wrong forum, please feel free to move it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

data dvd is not a dvd format, Nero-nero vision-make dvd-dvd video add file follow wizard make sure a blank dvd is in the burner,set the pc to shut down when finished,go to bed! Other than that get convertx to dvd this takes a hour or so to make a dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

mp22 wrote: »
    data dvd is not a dvd format, Nero-nero vision-make dvd-dvd video add file follow wizard

Is there an option to change the format here??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

In the last window you get to before you hit the burn button,go to the bottom of the screen and hit the more button-video options you can change things in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

Are your downloads images (bin, img, iso, mds, nrg, video_ts with vobs, hvdvd_ts)

or

avi/mpg/divx

If they are the former you should try this free program ...
    http://www.imgburn.com/

Advertisement