Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thai green curry paste freezing?

Options
  • 10-11-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I followed Nigel Slaters recipe for this the other day courtesdy of the BBC website and it was fine . My question is can i make a bigger batch of the paste and freeze it . Lemongrass isnt exactly available locally (to my knowledge) so when i visit civilisation i have loads of it and i don't want it every night for a week .
    All answers appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I freeze mine. Lemon grass should be fairly widely available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i freeze mine in ice cube maker. each cube is about 2tbs which is perfect for 2 potrions of green curry. u can use it from frozen straight into the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i freeze mine in ice cube maker.
    If you get a funnel you can fill those ice cube bags too. The curry might impart a flavour into the tray so you might want a dedicated "sauce ice tray". The bags also stop the cubes developing that frosted over appearance.

I freeze natural yogurt like this too, the big pots are far more economical than small ones, but far too much for me.

Advertisement