Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Upgrade

Options
  • 10-11-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    I'm eligible for an upgrade on meteor. I'm looking at the Samsung Wave. On the meteor online store it says it costs between Free and €39. But I'm not signing up to Meteor, just getting an upgrade. Since I won't be in a store for a while, I'll ask here.
    How much will it set me back with the upgrade?
    And, am I better off getting an Iphone 4, Galaxy S or HTC Desire?? How much would these set me back?
    (Moneywise... yes I know these phones are better then the Wave, well maybe not the Iphone, but thats not what I'm asking)
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Your upgrade price will depend on your personal usage with them, so no one but them can tell you how much it will be. Just ring them, if you dont want to do it via online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Thanks for that Davy, I had no clue to be honest. This is my first time upgrading.
    Sound. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 revie

I upgraded to the wave 3 weeks ago, it cost me €49 on the connect 25 contract, meteor dont have the desire in stock anymore and as far as l know they wont be getting it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Desires will be back in stock. They're not end of life yet.

Davy wrote: »
    Your upgrade price will depend on your personal usage with them, so no one but them can tell you how much it will be. Just ring them, if you dont want to do it via online.

Not any more. Depends on the tariff you are on. (ie a customer who spends 100e a month on Connect 25 will get a phone for the same price as a customer who spends 25e a month on Connect 25)

• Advertisement

€49? .. That all? Cool thanks for that.
    How long are you with them though? And any idea of how much the galaxy S would be?
    I somehow prefer the wave over the galaxy S, but If it's around 50-100 then I might consider it because of the extra features.

I'm on the Connect 20 - 18 month contract, will that change anything?

Nope, same prices for 12/18 month. Only difference is the monthly cost/length of contract.

Aw sweet, a wave for 50 quid! And I was gonna buy one for 320. :o
    From experience, is it a good phone? It looks solid for the price and the screen is awesome, but is it really that great??

Thanks for the help. :)

I've seen no issues with the Wave myself. Fantastic little phone, that has with good internet management, a fantastic battery life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement