Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guilty Pleasures!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Villette

Topshop.com....it's very much a guilty pleasure as I should not be spending money, and definitely not on disposable fashion. I have to keep selling things on ebay to balance things out (in my head that is, as I never make enough to cover the purchases!).

Juliet Marillier Books. I'm a tiny bit of a literary snob - well I moan about chicklit, Twilight, trashy crime etc anyway - yet sometimes I just really get in the mood for these books. I think it's because they really are fantasy/fairytale stories.

Harry Potter. I bet there aren't too many people in their twenties with a ticket booked for this Friday.......

Chocolate. During exams I only eat chocolate, and even if I'm not stressed I usually eat some chocolate every day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I love watching cooking shows, embarrassing bodies, any programmes involving sex, 16&pregnant, i could go on...

Love chocolate but thats not really a guilty pleasure.

I love wearing mens boxers, new ones obviously! there just so comfy and big!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

One of those things I apparently shouldnt like but do is girls in shlumpy clothes, round the house tracksuits with hoodies and hair up, no makeup on. my ex(es) all hated me seeing them that way, but I liked being around them in their natural state, its adorable. us men have it so much easier when it comes to this, we look like what we look like, no makeup to hide things, except when we get spots, then its a bitch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Staying in my pj's for the day and getting take away food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

daim bars, the musical stylings of 5ive, trashy magazines, anything with cupcakes on it, jeremy kyle, my big pink onesie...the list is endless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Definately my little battery operated friend.

One night stand if lucky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Similiar to others here...I like spending a weekend day drinking tea, eating all my meals and biccies and pleasuring myself in bed after turning my phone off. Good bye cruel world for just one day. Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Villette wrote: »
    Harry Potter. I bet there aren't too many people in their twenties with a ticket booked for this Friday.......

Are you joking? We grew up with him, we've more right than anyone else to be first in the queue!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I love MTV Made. I get all emotional and proud of them when they're "made" :o

I've given it up but I used to eat the Frubes and Cheez Dippers from the kid's school lunches when they were out sick!

Worse still, buying Haribo for class prizes and eating it out of my desk drawer...

Nekkid Sundays!

Bitching on the X Factor thread.

Buying stationary and coloured pens.

Young adult books: The Mortal Instruments series, Georgia Nicholson Diaries and the Twilight Saga.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Dancing (uncontrollably) to...erm...:o...Reach for the stars by sclub7 whenever I hear it. I know. I know. Disgraceful. But it's just such a happy song!

Chocolate breakfast...cosy saturday mornings in bed with the OH with thick buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and a yorkie bar melted on top, watching either re-runs of Star trek TNG, mythbusters, or american what not to wear.

Ligas, yeah they're for kids but they're fcuking delicious :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

krudler wrote: »
    Ligas, yeah they're for kids but they're fcuking delicious :D

:D Mashed up with warm milk. Mam used make this for the little ones in my family, used love when she'd ask me to feed them. One spoon for the baby, one spoon for me. :D

Buying stationary and coloured pens.

oh i love buying stationary, even if i dont need it!

also love smelling new books, especially dictionaries, they smell nice! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

OMG I love stationary!! Love delivery day in work when I get to unpack it and I love being the first to use a new pen or note book! (How sad is that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I still love buying colored pens and notebooks. When I went back to school I was taking notes in purple and pink :o I also love the smell of book stores especially ones that also have really old books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

"Sampling" the mix when I'm baking biscuits, etc. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

Jersey Shore :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girlyhappyface

I love walking around chemists for ages smelling things.
    I love watching nature programmes.
    I love staying in my PJs all day and only showering and getting dressed a half hour before my partner comes home.
    I love obsessively googling authors of autobiographical books that I have read and loved.
    I love documentaries.
    I love sitting for a half hour in front of the mirror squeezing my blackheads. I love popping spots!

I love popping other peoples spots!!! poor bf was in bits at one stage cause of me whoooops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Staying in with my OH, getting drunk and watching Jersey Shore!

The Hellcats - it is the lamest tv show but I'm hooked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Eviledna wrote: »
    Dancing (uncontrollably) to...erm...:o...Reach for the stars by sclub7 whenever I hear it. I know. I know. Disgraceful. But it's just such a happy song!

Don't Stop Movin' by S club 7 always has and always will make me want to get up and dance.

Can't get it to embed, but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD4b77T-o1c&feature=fvst

Hee hee! Reminds me of the teenage disco days. Thanks! ;)

You are so bad for facilitating my new addiction...:P

Chocolate breakfast...cosy saturday mornings in bed with the OH with thick buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and a yorkie bar melted on top..... american what not to wear.

That sounds amazing. I love pancakes! Only ever had good ones in the States though, they're all crepes over here :(

I watch What Not to Wear every weekend! :D

Oh I've thought of more guilty pleasures...

I loved Barcode nightclub. And drinking Red and Blue WKD. And skobie dancing to Maniac 2000 while singing along.... Combine those and that's a great night out imo. Whoop whoop woo!
    :D:o

I love Come Dine With Me.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Cadburys Buttons and King Crisps sqwished up in the same bag, there's something about the sweet and savoury together that's mmmmmmmm..................!!!:)

lrushe wrote: »
    Cadburys Buttons and King Crisps sqwished up in the same bag, there's something about the sweet and savoury together that's mmmmmmmm..................!!!:)

In Chicago they have this thing where they mix caramel popcorn and cheesy popcorn together. My husband thinks it is disgusting but I miss it. Mmmmmm... cheesy caramel popcorn.

Oooh yes! In Cineworld you can get a kids Munch Box of popcorn, juice & Milky Way Magic Stars. Empty the Magic Stars in the popcorn - nyom! Melty goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i sometimes buy milk chocolate and white chocolate buttons (2 packets each), mix them together in a bowl and then eat mixed handfuls of them

utter piggery, i know....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

sam34 wrote: »
    i sometimes buy milk chocolate and white chocolate buttons (2 packets each), mix them together in a bowl and then eat mixed handfuls of them

utter piggery, i know....

Piggery, are you joking? I've eaten approximately 300g of peanut butter M&Ms every day since Saturday. That's piggery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

Being a complete neat freak in work and having a really messy bedroom!!

I hate if anything is out of place on my desk and am constantly cleaning but my bedroom is another story! Its an organised mess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girlyhappyface

Giselle wrote: »
    I love Come Dine With Me.:o

Oh me too!!
    Another of my guilty pleasures is recording loads of CDWM episodes and spending one of my days off on the couch watching them all. I could honestly watch 10 episodes in one sitting! I always promise myself that I will make some of the stuff I see...... but I never do!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭apsalar

Forgot to add I also watch How Clean Is Your House?......The OH absolutely hates it and I know it's absolutely disgusting the way some houses are but I can't stop watching once it's on......as grossed out as I get..:(

Oh me too!!
    Another of my guilty pleasures is recording loads of CDWM episodes and spending one of my days off on the couch watching them all. I could honestly watch 10 episodes in one sitting!

Thats my plan for next Sunday when I'm home for the weekend.:)

My friend has recorded loads of episodes of Coach Trip for me, which I've never seen but I really like the sound of. :o

Buttons mixed with skips :o
    Put a button into a skip om nom...

i love malteasers and popcorn mixed together!! nom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I love Lindt Double Milk, especially after it's been in the freezer for 20 minutes and the layers break apart.
    I also love to scoff on Lily O' Brien's sticky toffees but they're a rare treat.
    My teeth hate me for it but I love chocolate with fudge in it. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Walkers Sensations, Red Cheese and Chutney flavour, only one of my friends who LOVES these crisps!!..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Walkers Sensations, Red Cheese and Chutney flavour, only one of my friends who LOVES these crisps!!..

Blaaaaaaaaa.

My guilty pleasure is watching Hoarders and How Clean is your house.
    Also a bit of Intervention now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Tbh, I've actually watched The Notebook about five hundred times and I know all the words and sometimes when I'm alone, I watch it and talk along with the characters.

Novella wrote: »
    Tbh, I've actually watched The Notebook about five hundred times and I know all the words and sometimes when I'm alone, I watch it and talk along with the characters.

I am the same way with the Princess Bride :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Me too!! I love that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get goose bumps still when he says as you wish :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jujibee wrote: »

And me with Pulp Fiction :)

My other guilty pleasure: Dark chocolate. 70-80% cocoa solids. With an equally strong cup of coffee. There is nothing quite like it.

Also, really cold full-sugar Coke from a can. I try and avoid it because it's so high in calories and it's terrible for you, but it's so good - had a can in my drop bag for after the Dublin Marathon this year, and it was the best thing ever. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Novella wrote: »

"It wasn't over... It still isn't over!!"

I cried the first time I saw that film :o

Another guilty pleasure of mine has resurfaced now that the weather is cold again... After I've showered and had my breakfast, I sometimes jump back into bed for ten minutes or so, it's sooooo nice (but there is always a danger I will fall asleep again... Hasn't happened to me yet this year)

jujibee wrote: »

I LOVE that movie, its my sick day dvd, and The Goonies.
    Princess Bride is one of those movies I could never get sick of watching, I showed it to my 7 year old nephew a while back and he loved it,along with Indiana Jones and Back to the Future, his movie education has begun :D

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote: »

Another guilty pleasure of mine has resurfaced now that the weather is cold again... After I've showered and had my breakfast, I sometimes jump back into bed for ten minutes or so, it's sooooo nice (but there is always a danger I will fall asleep again... Hasn't happened to me yet this year)

I always do that :D:D
    It's the snuggest time of the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I love to peel back the skin and suck out the juice.

I love the film Enchanted, get goosebumps every time I watch it, really sad I know, but love it.

Especially the part in central park, "that's how you know that you love her"

lol I'm so sad :P

Also, I want that dress. Oh god.

Also, I want that dress. Oh god.

You couldn't dance to S club 7 in that dress.;)

I love the Night At The Museum Movies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

When my son goes to his dads for the day my duvet comes out to the couch and I spend my day in front of the TV eating biccies and drinking tea.
    Best day of the week!

• Advertisement
Advertisement