Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu over charging!

Options
  • 10-11-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been discussed before folks but i'm so feckin angry right now i need to vent!!

I live in Abbeyleix and the supervalu there is absolutely ridiculous. I would say about 50% of the time i go there i am overcharged (through not applying specail offers, upping the price on products which already have a special offer price on them, offering 2for1s and then charging for both etc etc) Another neat trick they use is to advertise a special offer on a certain product but then put a similar but slightly different product under the sign.

Ive been in there so many times seing people complaining at the checkouts and theyre just the ones who check their receipts, what about all the rest who dont realise they need to be razor sharp when dealing with these razor sharp business practices?

I honestly believe that if this Supervalu store adopted the Tesco policy of "if your overcharged for something you get it for free", it would go bust overnight.

I've made a decision today to never go into that store again and will go Tesco or Dunnes in Portlaoise in future. I'll even go to Superquinn because ,even though they can be really expensive, at least the price you see in the shop is the price you're charged at the till.

I'm writing this as a warning to anyone thinking of shopping in this particular shop but I suspect there are many other stores adopting the same methods

Jaysus, it's not as if things aren't tough enough for people at the moment without shops like these taking advantage of unsuspecting customers.

For shame Supervalu Abbeyleix, For shame!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement