Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo Router problem connecting to Irish Broadband

• 10-11-2010 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently got a Buffalo AirStation Whr-HP-G300N and tried to hook it up to my Irish Broadband connection. It is a fixed line connection the one with the dish on the roof. I used the cd that came with the router and it seemed to be going fine but it then asked me to enter in the username and password for the connection. Now The connection doesn't use a username or password but I couldn't leave the fields blank and continue. I then tried to direct connect to the router and do the setting that way but what few options it gave me didn't connect either. I was hoping someone would have an answer. Thanks. The OS is windows xp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Are you connecting the Buffalo router to the router supplied by IBB? Or are you trying to replace the IBB one with the Buffalo?

You need to be doing the first option to be able to use the Buffalo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

First things first - throw away that CD!

Now, your IBB connection may very well be one where the router will need to be setup with a static IP on its WAN interface. Did you get details for IP, Netmask, Gateway, DNS etc. from IBB when you got the connection? If so then these are the details that you'll need for the router's WAN interface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭A.S.H.

Thanks, I was onto Irish Broadband and Buffalo and Irish Beoadband gave me the details I needed the actual problem was that the router has a switch that is on/off/auto if it is auto you can't enter all the details that you need so you have to set it to on and then can enter in the Ip address and the like. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement