Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda 'Speed enforcement' Zones.

Options
  • 10-11-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

These are the locations of the new Speed cameras (Money collection points:rolleyes:) that are one the way. And before anyone wonders how i got them, i lifted them from the Garda website. I presume they will be moved around from these locations from place to place.

Can you see your road on it!

Length From To Road/Name
    8km Derry Tarmons Rural N69
    2km Listowel Skehanierin Urban N69
    4km Cloonnafineela Leith West Rural N69
    8km Loughnacappagh Meanus Rural N21
    2km Glanshearoon Headleys Bridge Rural N21
    9km Geragh Flemby Rural N22
    6km Farranfore Gortaclea Rural N22
    3km Knockaderry Coolbaun Rural N22
    5km Cleeney Doonryan Rural
    2km Tralee Blenerville Bridge Urban N86
    8km Annagh Killelton Rural N86
    1km Blenerville Tonavane Urban N86
    14km Curraheen Lougher Rural N86
    2km Glantane Brackloon Rural N86
    9km Lios Póil An Daingean Rural N86
    3km Castlemaine Milltown Rural N70
    1km Kilderry Tinnahally Rural N70
    8km Laharan Tullig Beg Rural N72
    10km Anglont Lahard Rural N72
    10km Ballymalis Lackabane Rural N72
    5km Coolgarriv Knoppoge N23
    8km Crohane Knockreagh R563
    6km Curraghatoosane Ballydonoghoe R553
    4km Goragurrane Gortnaskeha R553
    1km Ballinclogher Ballysheen R556
    3km Cloonametagh Tubrid Beg Rural R556
    5km Abbeydorney Tubrid Mor Rural
    5km Knockbrack Larha Rural
    4km Ballyheigue Banna West R551
    3.5km Mounthank Liscahane R551
    8km Aulaneduff Ballynageragh R557
    2km Kilmeany Lissaniska Rural
    4km Kilcarra Trieneragh R555
    0.5km Shronedarragh Shronedarragh R570
    5km Cliddaun Cragg N23
    10km Lismore Leampreaghane N69
    Excessive or inappropriate speeding continues to be a significant contributory factor in road traffic collisions. As part of the Road Safety Strategy 2007 - 2012 and An Garda Síochána's strategic goals, a targeted approach to speed enforcement will be undertaken in order to significantly reduce the incidence of fatal and serious injuries and improve road safety.
    An Garda Síochána, in conjunction with the National Roads Authority, have completed an extensive analysis of the collision history on the road network where speed was a contributory factor. Sections of road have been identified where a significant proportion of accidents occurred whereby, in the opinion of the investigating Garda, a safe speed was exceeded.
    Based on this analysis, a list of Speed Enforcement Zones has been developed with the aim of providing information to motorists in order to raise awareness of speeding in these zones. An Garda Síochána will utilize these zones in order to direct speed enforcement activity in a proportionate and targeted manner.
    These zones will be reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis through continuing analysis, feedback, and sharing of information with other stakeholders.

If anyone wants to see the other counties click on this linky.
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=5590&Lang=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

These are the locations of the new Speed cameras (Money collection points:rolleyes:) that are one the way. And before anyone wonders how i got them, i lifted them from the Garda website. I presume they will be moved around from these locations from place to place.

...http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=5590&Lang=1

Apart from these though, the guards will still be doing their own in any possible location. Just because your location ain't mentioned here though for these Speed Cameras does't mean you won't find a guard in any other number of locations doing their own speed check.

Safe Driving Everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

These are the ones that will be in the vans parked at the side of the road, or so im led to believe?

These are the ones that will be in the vans parked at the side of the road, or so im led to believe?

Correct but guards will be doing their own speed-checks in varying places aswell. I'm just telling people that just because you don't see locations that you usually travel through mentioned here doesn't mean that you won't encounter a speed check in operation.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Correct but guards will be doing their own speed-checks in varying places aswell. I'm just telling people that just because you don't see locations that you usually travel through mentioned here doesn't mean that you won't encounter a speed check in operation.
    Yes, presumably because the vans are run by another outside company, its not actually the guards that are operating them. They will have their speed guns as they always had?
    garda_herald_493886t.jpg

Yes, presumably because the vans are run by another outside company, its not actually the guards that are operating them. They will have their speed guns as they always had?
    garda_herald_493886t.jpg

Correct. It doesn't mean that just because people can or can't see their roads on that list you provided should not imply that people won't encounter a speed-check elsewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

5km Coolgarriv Knoppoge N23

for some reason they think the N23 runs from Coolgarriv to Knoppoge!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭CandleLight

will people be able to fool the camera by treating the plates? One man told me he can block current cameras from reading his plate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

will people be able to fool the camera by treating the plates? One man told me he can block current cameras from reading his plate

With -- nail varnish? -- were we talking to the same man?

dh0661 wrote: »
    With -- nail varnish? -- were we talking to the same man?
    lacquer spray he said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'd have a look for a certain episode of Mythbusters lads, all been well debunked.

• Advertisement

I'd have a look for a certain episode of Mythbusters lads, all been well debunked.
    well he seems convinced. me i don't want anything on my plates just curious

well he seems convinced. me i don't want anything on my plates just curious

The guy I was speaking to was convinced that clear nail varnish painted over the reg. plate would work, but that paint type varnish would not.

I think I'll let him find out if it works or not before I give it a go.

The guy I was speaking to was convinced that clear nail varnish painted over the reg. plate would work, but that paint type varnish would not.

yes clear lacquer the guy told me he uses. Think it comes in spray from car places

Do the cameras shoot the front or rear plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

why would you give it a go? just stick to the speed limit in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

I have being buggered by the GATSO already at the sixcrosses... all I can say is are GATSO's the new clampers. :(:(

dmeehan wrote: »

You sound like my OH - he has not received any penalty points yet, while I have accumulated a few more than I'd like.

It's not my fault that my car is too fast for those speed traps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

dmeehan wrote: »

I agree to a certain extent but some of the speed limits in this country are ridiculous! A 3 lane dual carriageway on the N4 at 80km/hr is the same limit as a little boreen on a rural route to a farmers house. Very inconsistent and these safety cameras are a revenue generating scheme given the locations I looked at where these will be parked.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

speed trap today on Castleisland to Scartaglin rd

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

They are every where.... today again just outside Tralee on the Listowel Rd

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's a pity that the one that I saw speeding through Listowel yesterday, wasn't nabbed by one of the driver's colleagues in another van.:(

Advertisement