Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHRISTMAS in Kerry 2010

Options
  • 10-11-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

I got a sneak peak at the new website for Christmas in Killarney 2010 which is due to be launched real soon, really impressive looking.

Are their any committee members on here who could tell me: Is their anything special or original/different going on by by any other town or village this year?

I know most places will have a Santa Grotto, and Killarney will have its' annual torch-lit parade and Christmas Markets etc (all details will be on the website), but have any village/town in Kerry have anything else that would attract people to Kerry this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

As posted on humour boards
    maryharneycancelschrist.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Dingle is always the place to go for St Stephens Day and New Years. They have this tradition on Stephen Day called the Wren/Wran boys (Old Pagan I think?) where the young people dress up in loads of different costumes and perform songs, play drums etc. Quite and unusual and unique festival, really. You would want to book a hotel double quick, the town is always jammers during it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Dingle is always the place to go for St Stephens Day and New Years. They have this tradition on Stephen Day called the Wren/Wran boys (Old Pagan I think?) where the young people dress up in loads of different costumes and perform songs, play drums etc. Quite and unusual and unique festival, really. You would want to book a hotel double quick, the town is always jammers during it.

If you're heading to Dingle for the Wrens Day don't forget that as December 26th falls on a Sunday the traditional Dingle town Wrens -Green and Gold, John Street, Quay and Goat Street - will not go out until December 27th.
    The Wrens in the Gaeltacht, Lispole, Castlegregory (Tullig Wren) etc will still go out on the 26th however, so you can have 2 days of celebrating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

website up and running :)

Christmas in Killarney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

kerry4sam wrote: »
    website up and running :)

Christmas in Killarney
    Good looking line up of events this year. The Christmas Markets are usually worth taking a look at. Will have to pop back to town for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RVR

Kenmare is launching their Christmas festival on Friday evening, lights being switched on etc - http://www.kenmare.ie/news-view.php?id=89

Advertisement