Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting a trade

• 10-11-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

hi

im out of work with a bit now, trying to get a trade, i cant find anyone to take me, so i was thinking that if i can find a trade if i was to work their just for the experience and draw the dole while im there, is it possible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

jap gt wrote: »
    hi

im out of work with a bit now, trying to get a trade, i cant find anyone to take me, so i was thinking that if i can find a trade if i was to work their just for the experience and draw the dole while im there, is it possible

No because you wont be able to go jobseeking thats what the SW will say to you anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Do we not have FAS to train people on the "dole" into trades etc? so they get a better education, upskill while getting payments to keep them off the breadline!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

jezko wrote: »
    Do we not have FAS to train people on the "dole" into trades etc? so they get a better education, upskill while getting payments to keep them off the breadline!!

we do but very few people are willing to supply people with a trade, fas arent worth a fcuk, its not too many years ago that people had to pay to get a trade, i would gladly work for nothing if it meant i would get experience and stop me going mental stuck at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

jap gt wrote: »
    we do but very few people are willing to supply people with a trade, fas arent worth a fcuk, its not too many years ago that people had to pay to get a trade, i would gladly work for nothing if it meant i would get experience and stop me going mental stuck at home

Fas do a work placement program. You might be entitled to keep your JSB or whatever you are on. You have to be in receipt of it for three months before you can qualify or unemployed for three months.

For example, my husband has been going off his rocker at home looking for jobs etc, the lady in fas told him about the wpp, he found a barber interested in taking him on so he is starting next week, working/ training for 30 hours a week and he will retain his JSB. He will be able to do this for nine months as he has a nine month entitlement left on his JSB and at the end of the nine months if the employer keeps him on he will be exempt from paying prsi for him, if not he will have the experience to hopefully get a job elsewhere. I think it is a really good scheme. At least he will have something to do during the day and he will be learning something new, no one would have taken him on in this area otherwise.

Advertisement