Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know some Irish Venues who'll book Unsigned Bands?

Options
  • 10-11-2010 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey people.

As the title suggests I am currently trying to make a list of venues around the country that book unsigned bands.

I'm in a band myself and we've gigged a lot around dublin. We've had a couple of gigs around Ireland but nothing much. Looking to get gigs booked for the new year especially outside Dublin.

Any suggestions?

I can post up a list of band friendly venues in Dublin and the few places we've played around Ireland, plus a few promotion crowds who run their own nights and some decent festivals that support unsigned acts if anyone's interested.

Sorry if I've already missed a thread on this subject :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Hey people.

I can post up a list of band friendly venues in Dublin and the few places we've played around Ireland, plus a few promotion crowds who run their own nights and some decent festivals that support unsigned acts if anyone's interested.

Could you post these please?
    Try Draiocht in Blanch? Normally do a split with the band

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Probably would be better posting this in Bands And Musicians if you havent already done so as more people there book gigs as opposed to here which is more about going to gigs.

Havent played much outside of Dublin in about 8 years so i wouldnt be much of a help tho, sry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Captain Americas Tallaght, friday nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Holden_Magroin

Cheers for the replies.

The places in Dub I've found band friendly are

Dimestore Recordings (availible on myspace) They have a weekly night in Sweeneys on Dame st. Good people and great fun to play. All about the music. Free in to venue as well. Check it out if your free on a thurs

Out of Tune (facebook) New night in a venue on Abbey st. Run by musicians for musicians. Good Night.

Captain's Blanch, Grafton st and Tallaght.

Dublin Underground (myspace) Good venues but kinda money hungry.

Have a contact for another dude who has gigs in some decent venues around town. PM if ya want his number. Money hungry as well but good if your starting out.

Played the pint, Fibbers, Slattery's, Twisted Pepper, Doran's (crown alley or what ever), Radio City. All these places offer you the room. Some charge for the night but most don't. You keep door money, venue keeps bar money. You might have to sort out a sound engineer yourself depending on Venue. Success ofnight usually depends on how many you personally bring, which isn't great because your not building new fans, just playing to the same crowd.

Festivals:

KnockanStockan (Brilliant festival)

NPLD

Indiependant

Vantastival

Sham Rock music Festival

CastlePalooza

There's plenty more here:

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2010/08/05/otrs-outdoor-shows-and-festivals-census-for-2010/

Looking for some venues outside Dublin if any has some suggestions. Obviously we wont be bringing a crowd so we need places which have a usually full venue regardless (kinda like how doran's used to be, didn't matter who played it was packed anyway)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭markthedrum1

Get your hands on the Hot Press Annual has all contacts you'll ever need on it, from venues, to promoters, managers etc...

• Advertisement

Get your hands on the Hot Press Annual has all contacts you'll ever need on it, from venues, to promoters, managers etc...

We were only talking about that the other day. Cheers for the reminder. Prob the best 16e I'll spend this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Forderr

Cheers for that list!

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the Out of Tune facebook page, any chance you could post a link?

Advertisement